HOW TO: 1.Diagnose IMRC problems and 2. how to zip tie IMRC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
Thread includes:

1. How to diagnose IMRC problems
2. How to zip tie IMRC's open

#1 If you want to diagnose IMRC's issues and you have a tuner and a windows laptop this will help you tremendously. So if your car feels very slow after 3,000 rpm and doesnt pull hard but it makes alot of noise this is most likely your problem and is very common with 96-98 Cobra's.

By Data logging the following PID's "IMRC sensor bank 1" and "IMRC sensor bank 2" and "RPM".

The minimum value for the IMRC sensors should be around 200 which means they are closed, If they are between 200 and 1,000 this means they are not closed or open and your controller is bad, as seen on both of my banks but specifficaly bad on bank 2 IMRC which is never fully open or never fully closed.

The easiest way to fix this (it sounds silly i know, but it worked for me for 7,000 miles till i sold the car) is to google "how to zip tie cobra IMRC's" AND get a tune for "IMRC deletes". By doing this you WILL loose torque down low, but a tune can help with this and your car will SCREAM at higher rpm like it should.

17kWu.jpg

HOW IT SHOULD BE

6jkro.jpg

jn6xW.jpg

How to delete them on a budget. Aluminum plates were used in 96-97, 98's have plastic plates.

http://www.classictiger.com/mustang/IAT-IMRC/IMRCDelete/default.htm

=============================================================================

#2 HOW TO ZIP TIE IMRC'S
=============================================================================

You do not have to remove anything to zip tie the IMRC's open. The first time you do it you will probably
get frustrated and take a hour to finish as i did because there isnt much room between the back of the
head and the firewall, but i can do it now in about 10 min.

KLPQZ.jpg

PFUMG.jpg

Example: how the driver side plate is positioned on the car, the passenger side will be the same process but the arms are mirrored to whats pictured below.

w6gdm.jpg

Pull A towards B, it pivots in the center.

I copied this from the regular SN-95 forum, encase it gets lost there.

I hope this helps some of you.:beer:

hades_1

Established Member
Thanks for the write up. This is weird though, on my 96 Cobra I can only see IMRC sensor Bank 1 (which is working fine) but not Bank 2.
There should be a sensor on each side on 96-98 Cobra, right? If the sensor was dead for whatever reason it should still appear on the list but not record anything? This is very strange :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread