How The Predator Motor is built on the Niche Line

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think I liked the two man teams that built the motors in my 11 & 14 better. Ford would argue their current process is more efficient, but fewer cooks make a better soup..

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
I think I liked the two man teams that built the motors in my 11 & 14 better. Ford would argue their current process is more efficient, but fewer cooks make a better soup..
agreed. efficiency makes the process better but not necessarily does it make the item better.

nickf2005

Established Member
agreed. efficiency makes the process better but not necessarily does it make the item better.
If standards are created and followed correctly, it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 100 people building, you're result (the product) will be the same. Following and maintaining those standards is more difficult the more operators you introduce into the process. However, the more handoffs you have, the less efficient your process becomes. It's quite the balance!

Giving operators the correct tools and instructions are more important than how many people you're giving them to... up to a point.

Sorry, carry on.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
If standards are created and followed correctly, it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 100 people building, you're result (the product) will be the same. Following and maintaining those standards is more difficult the more operators you introduce into the process. However, the more handoffs you have, the less efficient your process becomes. It's quite the balance!

Giving operators the correct tools and instructions are more important than how many people you're giving them to... up to a point.

Sorry, carry on.

I agree with that. It's definitely a balancing act.

Some of the specialty tools there are really nice.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The best way to accomplish big tasks with small teams is all in strategy, assembling an exceptional team, and setting truly challenging and meaningful goals. The harder the goals, the higher the prestige.

There’s a rare air associated with being a niche line assembly builder on the Romeo Line as there should be.

nickf2005

Established Member
The best way to accomplish big tasks with small teams is all in strategy, assembling an exceptional team, and setting truly challenging and meaningful goals. The harder the goals, the higher the prestige.

There’s a rare air associated with being a niche line assembly builder on the Romeo Line as there should be.
Agreed. Unfortunately, the stuff we make isn't so prestigious so building morale and excitement around our product is difficult. Clock in, clock out. I'm kind of jealous of manufacturers that make cool stuff.

kilomikebravo

Established Member
200: I heard or read that those last stations check a number of things, perhaps leaks, I don't know but it isn't just a light show. :)

I too loved seeing the specialty tools.

Users who are viewing this thread