How sells the fastest NA 5.0 Tune?

faztcobra

Established Member
How fast you are is largely up to your driving skill, traction, mods, etc. All tuners here are pretty good.

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
fast is terrible terminology. from what ive seen in my searches. AED makes the most power constantly.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
Subscribed. I was just thinking that we needed a thread that asked members for their opinions on the various tunes, as there are simply zero of them on this forum already.

calgarybandit

Established Member
Would be very interested to try a new tune. I run a Lund one right now sent a datalog Ken responds says he will review and send tune and then with 4 email requests to requesting review and no reply even asking if I had to pay more money to get the data log reviewed. It's a good tune but there is allot left on the table with this tune and service is minimal. I was at the track a few weeks ago and simple change in my SCT tuner to the speed shift RPM on 1-2 2-3 3-4 to +2 MPH and gained .18 seconds next run. Virtually same 60 ft and 330ft times.

I spoke with Shaun AED and he mentioned with my mods he could not set the shift point past 7200 RPM which is weird since I have a Boss intake. Would like to try one of his tunes if I could get 7500-7600 RPM.

Bama has super good customer service, tune feels tight far as shift points, motor etc but I have had a ton of problems nailing down the tranny when it passes 200km it basically hits rev limiter and won't shift past that point. Probably have had 9+ tune revisions already and basically gave up trying to be a guinea pig for tuning it right now.

Last edited:

DIB5.0

Established Member
If you have an auto give VMP or Brenspeed a try. 2 best granny set ups right now.

Would be very interested to try a new tune. I run a Lund one right now sent a datalog Ken responds says he will review and send tune and then with 4 email requests to requesting review and no reply even asking if I had to pay more money to get the data log reviewed. It's a good tune but there is allot left on the table with this tune and service is minimal. I was at the track a few weeks ago and simple change in my SCT tuner to the speed shift RPM on 1-2 2-3 3-4 to +2 MPH and gained .18 seconds next run. Virtually same 60 ft and 330ft times.

I spoke with Shaun AED and he mentioned with my mods he could not set the shift point past 7200 RPM which is weird since I have a Boss intake. Would like to try one of his tunes if I could get 7500-7600 RPM.

Bama has super good customer service, tune feels tight far as shift points, motor etc but I have had a ton of problems nailing down the tranny when it passes 200km it basically hits rev limiter and won't shift past that point. Probably have had 9+ tune revisions already and basically gave up trying to be a guinea pig for tuning it right now.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
I have an AED tune and Shaun turned my car is a whole other animal. I beat a 2011 manual on 4.10 gears, boss 302 manifold, cai and suspension work with an x pipe and AED tune doing a 40 roll I have 3.31.

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
How fast you are is largely up to your driving skill, traction, mods, etc. All tuners here are pretty good.

Absolutely. I have a BAMA 93r tune with boss intake, Jlt cold air, Full GT500 exhaust, h-pipe and have raced buddies with the same mods basicaly with Lund and other tunes and I have yet to see any noticeable difference in how they run.. I shift at 7400, 423rwhp.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
dont buy into these "custom" tunes, its just a way to get your money. all you need to do is buy the SCT tuner, and start messing around with it until your happy.

LOL. Perfect. Just get a spare motor while you are at it.

Power is in the timing, just bump it up 10 degrees or so. :lol1:

Mike

Jedisalami

Established Member
dont buy into these "custom" tunes, its just a way to get your money. all you need to do is buy the SCT tuner, and start messing around with it until your happy.

I'd be willing to do this since my roommate owns a shop with a dyno, but the handhelds dont let you adjust cam timing. But seems most tunes are close to equal for a manual

Users who are viewing this thread