How sells the fastest NA 5.0 Tune?

wbt

Banned
because there are lots of things that do into making a car fast, not just the tune. Mods, weight, driver ability, etc...

Tuning is not magic, it's generally about finding a balance of air/fuel and timing to where the car increases in power but is also safe in different driving conditions. From the factory, most cars are left with lot's of room on the table. This is to be overly cautious.

You don't buy a tune because it's going to make your car the fastest. That's why people made joking references to video games because the op sounds like he's playing a race car game and wants to know which tune to buy for his car. This isn't gran turismo.

Ignorance in the car scene is frustrating. I wish people would read and listen instead of doing and speaking sometimes. I've been working in the performance car scene for too long, i think it makes you less patient. Sometimes i try to be more patient but it's hard seeing people talk about cars like they're like video games, then complain when they blow up or something goes wrong.

+1

SirJAG

Established Member
Because there are LOTS of things that do into making a car fast, not just the tune. Mods, weight, driver ability, etc...

Tuning is not magic, it's generally about finding a balance of air/fuel and timing to where the car increases in power but is also safe in different driving conditions. From the factory, most cars are left with Lot's of room on the table. This is to be overly cautious.

You don't buy a tune because it's going to make your car the fastest. That's why people made joking references to video games because the OP sounds like he's playing a race car game and wants to know which tune to buy for his car. This isn't gran turismo.

Ignorance in the car scene is frustrating. I wish people would read and listen instead of doing and speaking sometimes. I've been working in the performance car scene for too long, I think it makes you less patient. Sometimes I try to be more patient but it's hard seeing people talk about cars like they're like video games, then complain when they blow up or something goes wrong.

Well i am one of the new guys on the car side of things. This post makes a lot of sence to me. Thanks for posting, looking forward to learning more from you.

jag

Shaun@AED

I believe the fastest is still 171.5 MPH. Not for sale at any price, but free if you are local and want to go to the track and get the car dialed in. :D

LOL
You going for more this time? TX mile is coming up isn't it?

kdanner

Banned
LOL
You going for more this time? TX mile is coming up isn't it?

I did enter but have no big expectations this time, as powertrain wise it won't have anything different. Those CJ parts are just too slow coming from Ford. Really the last time I thought it gave me more than I could have ever asked for, I'd have never dreamed a factory engine in a Mustang could run right in the middle of the Z-06 pack through a mile.

65sohc

Established Member
Because there are LOTS of things that do into making a car fast, not just the tune. Mods, weight, driver ability, etc...

Tuning is not magic, it's generally about finding a balance of air/fuel and timing to where the car increases in power but is also safe in different driving conditions. From the factory, most cars are left with Lot's of room on the table. This is to be overly cautious.

You don't buy a tune because it's going to make your car the fastest. That's why people made joking references to video games because the OP sounds like he's playing a race car game and wants to know which tune to buy for his car. This isn't gran turismo.

Ignorance in the car scene is frustrating. I wish people would read and listen instead of doing and speaking sometimes. I've been working in the performance car scene for too long, I think it makes you less patient. Sometimes I try to be more patient but it's hard seeing people talk about cars like they're like video games, then complain when they blow up or something goes wrong.
Good points. Ford builds in a large safety margin to account for the most extreme set of catastrophic circumstances. This wasn't always the case. I remember when my dad bought his Mustang in 1965. At the age of 12 I sat in the car all night reading the owners manual cover to cover. I'll never forget the disclaimer for the 289 High Performance engine. It had a 90 day warranty because they new what people were going to do with it. Tuners make power by basically narrowing that margin of safety. When Shaun ran my car to 8300 on his dyno I cringed and said, "I'll never run it that hard." He replied, in effect, that he wanted to be sure it was safe under the most severe conditions. There might have been a few more hp in there, but it's those last few that can kill you.

wbt

Banned
Fastest Bolt on A6...who tunes your car?

You know the answer to that. ;)

One thing that hasn't been discussed much in general is consistency among the various tuners.

For example, you have a shop car that runs 10's. How does that translate to customer times/results? Has it been duplicated on another customer's car?

I think it would be extremely interesting to put those metrics together.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
People also fail to see the difference between someone who can copy and paste, and someone who actually understands EFI tuning and 4 stroke engines in general. But that's a whole different story. Everytime a new car pops up nowadays, some brand new tuner sprouts up and "specializes" in only flashing said card on said program.

Users who are viewing this thread