How prevalent are the MT-82 problems?

DitkaOrGod

Established Member
Your problem is the exact problem I had with mine. I made dealer buy back my boss. It was in the shop for over 2 months.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I'm at 3,679 miles on my Boss.

The shifting does feel great, very light and smooth and driver friendly.

However, when I start hitting back roads and shift at 7,500 rpm, every once in a while it won't let me, locking me out of that gear so I have to back off and then shift again at a lower rpm losing the fun factor a bit.

So what's the majority ruling on this?

Someone said an MGW Shifter and a trans oil change will solve it....
The MGW is a quality piece but regardless of how good it is it won't fix a clutch problem...

My Boss is getting a McLeod RXT clutch installed and I should have it back Tuesday. Next track day is scheduled for May 10th so I'll report back after that.

mtrsprt

Established Member
However, when I start hitting back roads and shift at 7,500 rpm, every once in a while it won't let me, locking me out of that gear so I have to back off and then shift again at a lower rpm losing the fun factor a bit.

So what's the majority ruling on this?

Someone said an MGW Shifter and a trans oil change will solve it....
It won't cure it. If I shift anywhere over 7K in my Boss, it's a 50/50 chance of going into the next gate. If I don't get to it this year, next year I am swapping out the clutch and hydraulic line out for something different.

I've already done a shifter, bracket, and tried different fluid....:nonono:

Para81

Established Member
The MGW is a quality piece but regardless of how good it is it won't fix a clutch problem...

My Boss is getting a McLeod RXT clutch installed and I should have it back Tuesday. Next track day is scheduled for May 10th so I'll report back after that.

What's that cost?

Davemcc

Established Member
I got my car back today and took it for a long drive. It's very different than it was before. The clutch engagement used to grab pretty close to the firewall. Now there is more travel before it grabs. It feels better. I'm going to drive it to work tomorrow morning and see how smoothly it gets into second and third when cold. Otherwise, all seems good now.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I got my car back today and took it for a long drive. It's very different than it was before. The clutch engagement used to grab pretty close to the firewall. Now there is more travel before it grabs. It feels better. I'm going to drive it to work tomorrow morning and see how smoothly it gets into second and third when cold. Otherwise, all seems good now.
Are you using the stock clutch?

Davemcc

Established Member
If you granny shift it while cold, it should shift like butter.

This is what dreams are made of in my world.;-)

It's better when cold now. 1st and second are good but 3rd still feels a little rough. I'm ok with that. At least I can get it into gear now without the feeling that I'm grinding up the syncros.

Users who are viewing this thread