How old is yer oldest friendship?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I lost touch with my friends.
They were all married with kids, except for one of our buddies, they don't have any kids, but we don't stay in touch any more. I have some friends from work that I get along with and once in a while go out. I'm not one for going out much any more anyways.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
3 years.

I've lived in probably 10 states or so in the last 6 years. So keeping friendships didnt happen. Also, working way too much, plus being in your 30s with no marriage.. no kids.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Real life face to face friends.

Update to my last post.

Idk.. I have a friend.. I've known him since I was 19... now i'm 31. We met on Gears of War.. And still talk once a week. He's actually building my computer.. I shipped it to him.

We've actually never met. But know a shit ton about eachother.. when he met the girl who is now his wife, he was texting me the whole time as he was trying to talk to her.

Technology is weird.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
Since the age of 5 years old and we are both approaching 40. My other best friend I met as a freshman in high school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
My oldest friends, two Asian buds I grew up with. I am 41 and approaching 35 years of friendship with these fellas. We are still thick as thieves after all these years. They are the only ones I have stayed in touch with and remained close friends with from my childhood, every one else for one reason or the other I no longer talk to.

Last edited:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Update to my last post.

Idk.. I have a friend.. I've known him since I was 19... now i'm 31. We met on Gears of War.. And still talk once a week. He's actually building my computer.. I shipped it to him.

We've actually never met. But know a shit ton about eachother.. when he met the girl who is now his wife, he was texting me the whole time as he was trying to talk to her.

Technology is weird.

I understand what you are saying and agree with almost all of what you typed but believe me, there is a shit ton you don't know about him. I have a friend similar to your situation. He moved to the state months back and the more I am around him (which I have distanced myself from him greatly), the more I dislike him because his b.s. is obvious. He's a decent person but his baggage is numerous and he can't keep a story straight. He believes he is a zoologist. He believes he is a chef. He believes he is a realtor. I call him George Costanza right to his face and he doesn't understand the jab. What is he doing? He works for a collection agency as an "agent" making under $10.00 an hr. When he tries spewing his nonsense, I feel a bit like Jim (from The Office) when he disagrees with Michael and no matter how Mikey tries to justify something, Jim keeps tell him no as he sits there with a straight face.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Entire life, one friend born 6 days before me, another 5 days. We grew up down the road from each other in a small town and been friends from day 1. Our moms were best friends when we were born as well.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I have been fortunate to have a tight knit group of friends. There are seven of us that have been close since grade school. We all just crossed the 50 mark. We still in contact on a regular basis despite our geographic dispersion. My college friends have all spread out and we don’t stay in touch nearly to the same degree. One of my grade school friends dad’s died a few weeks back and all but one of the 7 made it back to the funeral.

Dusten

Established Member
Relatives not included.

I have 3 buddies that I see at least at least once a year (we get together to watch the Daytona 500). We've been friends for 42 years. We met in high school despite the fact that we came from rival schools (2 against 2). 3 of us graduated the same year and the oldest graduated 3 years before us. I was the only athlete but we're all gear heads.

What's yer story?

Currently about 12 years. We met drag racing. Been great friends ever since.

I had a friend of about 25 years, but when my dad passed away I tried to lean on him for support and he ****ing turned on me. We havent apoken since.
This is my buddy cam. He's on here

@mr2cam

d73b856fa17c7a129535c84f0f1d22d7.jpg

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Well as of late I would say I don't have a true friend. People have proven to be totally fake with personal interests placed at top.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine would be since 2nd grade. We grew up about a 1/2 mile away from each other and he was good at getting me in trouble on the bus. We still get together a couple times a year and it's like we're 12 years old again.

I had several friends that I quit hanging out with right after high school. They were going down a path that I was not wanting anything to do with. My Foxbody Mustang found me a new group of friends who weren't all about going out and getting wasted every weekend. One of those guys I would call my best friend now. We work together every day as well. Been friends for 18 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevinbonds

Established Member
Have some friends since I was a toddler.. grew up in Cleveland and after college people scattered. However have a couple friends who have coalesced down south and we see each other regularly.
40 year friendships.. hard to come by.

ssssnake

Established Member
My next door neighbor growing up. We are 6 months apart; so, she lived six months without knowing me. On my birthday in April, we'll have known each other for 63 years. She's in every family picture. We still talk on the phone and visit when we can. Her older sister and mine are still friends too, and they're in their seventies.

Zemedici

Established Member
Best friend growing up moved away after he stole money and items from me

Got new group of friends - ex cheated on me with them

brother and I were close(ish) growing up, he doesn't like ANY of the same shit I do.

Tried to make friends in the car community, people are just ****ing shit. Spot them money / help them out / what have you. Its all good. When I need the same in return (what friends are for, right?!) poof - no one to be found.

So **** em. Don't have time for that. I wrote off 99.9% of my personal (IRL) contacts a year ago or so.

Longest friendship currently is probably my old lady. Scary thought. Aside from a lot of the guys from this website that I regularly talk to. I probably talk to 20+ guys from this website weekly.

Users who are viewing this thread