How much will a dyno tune and chip help post headswap?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I have a question for you guys. I'm finally picking my car up on Monday (there's been lots of parts shortages, back-orders, and other hurdles). My P&P headswap will be completed.

My question is this: About a week after I get it back I'm having it dyno tuned along with the installation of a super chip. How much will this part of the project help? Any answers would be appreciated.

BTW before the headswap I dyno'd 209rwhp. With the incredible P&P job that my heads received, along with port matching and port job on the intake I'm hoping and expecting at least 265rwhp. How much would the chip and tune add? Thanks guys!!:)

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I'm not real sure about peak to peak differences, it may be your desired results. The driveability and usefullness of your power will be greatly increased. I don't think 265 on the wheels is out of the question. Here is a link to my dyno and what mods I have. It's near the bottom of the page.

DYNO LINK

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Wow! Great #'s! What really impresses me is the torque. Well over 300lbs. That's pretty damn impressive.

Thanks for your response GR8, I'll post my results as soon as I get them.....

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
That is what I think is funny, when people say the 4.6 has no torque. Guess I shot that theory. :D Your #'s will probably be a tad higher due to the compression difference.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I bet my torque won't be that high since the ports are so big. But the horsepower will benefit from the huge ports I believe. It's all bench racing till I get it back though.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
I bet my torque won't be that high since the ports are so big. But the horsepower will benefit from the huge ports I believe. It's all bench racing till I get it back though.

You've got the same cam as me, plus a slightly higher compression ratio, I don't see any problems making those numbers. :thumbsup:

Oh YEAH! Can you post the numbers for us! I'll be glad to see them, as will alot of us. We know they'll be impressive!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread