How much to swap a set of tires?

robvas

Established Member
I wrote Discount off a few years ago after how much of a pain in the ass it was ordering and receiving wheels for my Jeep Wrangler, but they were the only place open. Took my 17" rear wheels down to the local store to get the Nitto drag radials taken off and have my 555 G2's put on for the fall/spring. Left them there Saturday, the guy told me it'd be $21 each.

Pick them up today and instead of $42 I get charged $80. Didn't even look at the receipt until I looked at my credit bill on my phone. $20 extra because of it being a 17/18" rim!

So which is it? The first guy looked at my wheels and tires and carried them into the store so he should have known to tell me the right price.

Dusten

Established Member
I wrote Discount off a few years ago after how much of a pain in the ass it was ordering and receiving wheels for my Jeep Wrangler, but they were the only place open. Took my 17" rear wheels down to the local store to get the Nitto drag radials taken off and have my 555 G2's put on for the fall/spring. Left them there Saturday, the guy told me it'd be $21 each.

Pick them up today and instead of $42 I get charged $80. Didn't even look at the receipt until I looked at my credit bill on my phone. $20 extra because of it being a 17/18" rim!

So which is it? The first guy looked at my wheels and tires and carried them into the store so he should have known to tell me the right price.
Wouldn't this be easier handled by calling or visiting the store that you went? I doubt mounts and balance are corporate priced. They could vary by store.

Users who are viewing this thread