How much time will I gain in 1/8?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Op, are you getting too much traction or not enough with the 5k drop? I’m thinking the air there is sapping 75-100whp from your efforts.

Up here, at 5000ft we have da some days of 3800, other days 7500... trap speed can vary 5-10mph with this crap.

I’m guessing you get some spin then almost a light bog?

ssblubyyou

Established Member
You nailed it. A slight spin then a little bog. My lack of suspension killed me this year!! Watching in slow motion the car would squat then immediately unload the rear of the car. I think this has a lot to do with my crappy times as well as the altitude zapping some hp.

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I’m going to try to get the car dialed in first. I’m sure I have a lot to be gained with all matching Team Z suspension and some effort on maximizing it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
At 720hp I trapped 104-105mph. Are you still on the IRS? I 60’d 1.5’s on a 28/10.5 Hoosier through the IRS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How much does your car weigh? I thought it'd trap a bit higher. Was this Fontana or Irwindale?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
How much does your car weigh? I thought it'd trap a bit higher. Was this Fontana or Irwindale?

That was at Barona and I never got around to putting it on the scales. Rear seat delete, kirkeys and a tubular chromoly front end for weight reduction, then a 80lb MM 6pt roll bar to bring the weight back up.

Users who are viewing this thread