how much power to expect.....

04cobrawhine

Established Member
i have a stroked, camed, twin turboed 03 cobra. it made 740rwhp @ 10psi on 93 oct and 1012rwhp @ 22psi on c16. How does e85 compare to c16? i am going to be making the switch regardless but i am very curious as for what number to expect. i dont want to go in hoping for a high number and then being disapointed. any guesses would be great.

also, what size injectors should i be looking into. i have a weldon 2345 pump and 75lbs currently. should i be looking at 105s? 160s?

Thanks!

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
There's a guy that was around here running a high boost 5.4 4v w t/t and aftermarket ecu and using alcohol. He did have 160's, now it's some custom injectors that are hand built. ninesecsnake that's his handle. Here's a video of his car notice how smooth it idles, very nice. Custom cams, ported heads, sullivan intake, etc. I'd pm him either on youtube or here... Hope that helps. He knows his sh-t.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_8ZSx73dYA"]YouTube - Twin Turbo 93 Cobra 8.40@170 Incar (unedited)[/nomedia]

GodStang

Established Member
Injectors: ID2000
Power is usually a around C16 but it is hard to say because it depends how it is tuned how much boost you run and so on.

Janstang

Established Member
How much timing were you running with the C16? As far as injector size..What are your ultimate power goals? I'd say at a minimum go with the 160's.(Thats what I'm currently running.)

04cobrawhine

Established Member
How much timing were you running with the C16? As far as injector size..What are your ultimate power goals? I'd say at a minimum go with the 160's.(Thats what I'm currently running.)

i wanna say 14*. not exactly sure on that though. it doesnt say on my dyno sheet. for power goals im hoping for at least 900. kinda in between the pump gas and c16 numbers.

as for the injectors, are 2200cc injectors (209 lb/hr) really necessary? i understand i need more fuel but thats almost 200% bigger then i have now.

also i forgot to say im running the stock ECU.

Last edited:

Janstang

Established Member
160lbers will work for your power goals. Based off what you were originally running for timing you should be able to pick some power up just by adding some more timing in. I ran 22deg@20psi just for reference. I'm running the stock ECU also with the Acceleronics injector driver, works great.

04cobrawhine

Established Member
i have to check those out. i dont think my tuner likes to tune with low impedance injectors and a driver. i might have to find some high impedance that will work but thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread