How much money have you "invested" in your Terminator?

holiks03cobra

Established Member
No shit? what was going on? Like the car wasn't drivable?
It was drivable. The main problem was when I went to the track. It would shift gears while doing a burnout and when I made the run the trans was lost and would up and downshift randomly during the run. My brothers would lose power randomly and leave him stranded

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Ken, the 6R80 swap, are people still having isses with the stand alone ecu? I can't remember the name of it lol.
Motec makes a standalone M130 ECU specifically for the 6r80 to put it behind any engine it will bolt to. It can also be tied into the MS3 Pro using the CANbus ports. I would most likely go that route if I swap. I was looking into it originally for putting a 6r80 into a Shelby GT350 and started considering it for the Cobra.
Decisions decisions lol.

Ken

Venom351R

Established Member
I started doing this with a binder as well. I counted any money leaving my bank account due to the car so the first month included the sales tax and shipping. Beyond that its been mods and from last august When I got it ) to December I was at 10K. For 2021 I added a Fore return fuel system and a VMP Gen3R and just dropped another $800 on shocks and struts with a decent amount left to get this year.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Am I the only one with a binder with all my receipts in it? Mine is a 98 though

I'd be afraid to add it up. I think it would be too discouraging.

On its 3rd engine, 2nd trans, 2nd rear-end with 3rd selection of gears, custom turbo kit etc
I've owned it since 2004 though, so the $ was more spread out over time I guess.

View attachment 1713585View attachment 1713586

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I commend you for that level of documentation. Years from now you’ll be really happy you did that. If you sell it years from now, the buyer will be thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LOL. 4 motors, full road racing setup, now to full drag racing setup.. couple transmissions, cage etc etc.. I know I'm up near 175k maybe more

Santiago

Established Member
So far I’m at around 9k maybe less but around that ball park
Whipple • 3,500
Fuel system • 2000
Injectors • 1000
Etc pulleys bolt ons • 2000

Attachments

• D8D2BAFA-4476-4732-9B33-770CCFFADBB6.jpeg
    D8D2BAFA-4476-4732-9B33-770CCFFADBB6.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 91

GoGreen04

Established Member
$23.5 for the car and I will be somewhere close to $40k in mods soon with things I’ve done to it. Car also had about $15k in mods when I bought it 9 years ago.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
I may have to invest into a new T56 Magnum or a beefier rebuild.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Some bearing is making noise like my TB is bad but i had that replaced and still whining when clutch is let out.
I may post in the other section for it.
Stay Safe out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
I may have to invest into a new T56 Magnum or a beefier rebuild.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Some bearing is making noise like my TB is bad but i had that replaced and still whining when clutch is let out.
I may post in the other section for it.
Stay Safe out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I’d contact Hanlon motor sports.

My only interaction was trying to find the shifter seal and they went out of their way to help me.

Then the owner posted an ad on a Terminator FB page and I commented how helpful they were and the guy remembered me.

Def seems like a place you can trust for those interactions.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ITSTOCK

Established Member
$26k car, $22k engine, $10k blower/cooling, $6k trans/converter/driveshaft, $4k rear, $4k wheels, $5k suspension, $3k exhaust, $4k chassis, $5k fueling, $2k ecu/monitoring, and I'm sure there is more. That is just the big items, probably another $5k that adds up quick.

That doesn't count changes along the way.

I only post this because some people need a reality check to know what they are potentially getting themselves in to. If you want an 8 second streetable 4v Cobra, it doesn't come cheap. Or for that matter, 9 seconds.

10 second 1/4 mile car is probably the sweet spot for being affordable and reliable, and I'd argue that goes for most platforms, not just the cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread