How much money have you "invested" in your Terminator?

KINGCarnge

170 of 2003 10th Anniversary
Established Member
With mine still in the shop I decided to make an excel spreadsheet of all the parts I have purchased (both performance and looks) and have installed (or pending). In my list I did not include labor or all the times I've replaced tires or other general maintenance. It's a rough draft list but the whole point of this post is too prove to my wife that I am not the only one with this addiction lol. When it's all said and done I'm a little over $23K.

Last edited:

dazwelding

Established Member
I don’t have an exact number, but you are definitely not alone. I am very blessed with my wife, she is also a car nut and helps as much as she can in the garage. Since it has been a team build for us she is ok about the $$. It is still a lot, and it is tough sometimes, financially, mentally, physically, and emotionally, but it’s nice for the two of us to be on the same page.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
It is not an " investment " .
Said and done, you spend 20k plus for the car put 23k into the car , and it comes down , you will get 20k for the car .
If it was an investment, you would reap 50-60k .
Not happening .

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
It is not an " investment " .
Said and done, you spend 20k plus for the car put 23k into the car , and it comes down , you will get 20k for the car .
If it was an investment, you would reap 50-60k .
Not happening .
That’s not how you explain it to the wife though o_O:p

PC03GT

Established Member
Haven't even had mine a year yet and over 10 easy. All said and done after the Whipple I'll be close to 20.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've put a lot of money into mine over the years. But mostly mod money.

I paid 19,500 for my car back in 2010. But with the mods I've done, I probably have all of 35-40k in it.

But it's a toy, so I don't bother to add it up. Plus I'm never selling it...

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I stopped keeping track a long time ago but with the boss block stroker, F-1A HOB kit, fuel system, built trans, built IRS, suspension, cosmetics, and miscellaneous crap it's probably north of $25k.

Quick Strike

Established Member
I am an original owner that has done and redone almost every part on this car. It started with the Apten pulley kit and now has the engine rebuilt with 2.8KB, Liberty rebuilt trans and all of the bushings and structural improvements available. I have done all of the work other then tuning. There is an overflowing cardboard box here that has every install date on the instructions and the receipts for everything ever bought for this car. Even having done all of the work myself, I would not want to know the total in that box!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You guys keep track?

Im not sure what I've spent because I've bought so much of my stuff used but I did end up putting an excel sheet together of what it would cost to replicate my build with all new parts. I was able to use that with Hagerty and Grundy to get the agreed value policy with the number I wanted

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
$50k easy. And that doesn’t include the price of the car. Going on my 3rd motor, auto swap back to stick, few blower changes, all the intakes, etc. It adds up fast
That's probably not the record amount spent, but dang!!!!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Yeah this! I don’t keep track but in my mind, I know how much.
Wanna drop big bucks? Start down the rabbit hole that is 33/34 Ford coupes. It’s deep…
My grandparents rebuilt a 56 F-100 years ago. Mustang II front end, 460, etc. I think that was about an 80k build. They now have a 57 T-bird, but they haven't put near the money into it because they bought it as a runner. Although they've been through most of the systems.
Im not sure what I've spent because I've bought so much of my stuff used but I did end up putting an excel sheet together of what it would cost to replicate my build with all new parts. I was able to use that with Hagerty and Grundy to get the agreed value policy with the number I wanted
I'm going to do the agreed upon value eventually. I'm thinking after it gets painted. I'm sure that'll be an eye opener.

Users who are viewing this thread