how much hp with novi 1000

Mike@TF

Established Member
i have a 2002 gt and i just got a great deal on a novi kit with a novi 1000. im a auto, and i have tb, plenum, borla cat back and off road pipe... i was wondering how much will i put down to the wheels with about 9-10 pounds of boost? tryin to at least hit 400rwhp..? and was wondering do yall know how much would it be to get teh novi 2000 head unit?

blownaltered

Established Member
the novi 2000 is a nice head unit, my dad has one on his fox and it puts down 500 hp at 10 psi. But your car with a novi 1000 through a auto should be somewhere around 360.

fastjesse

Established Member
Novi 1000 is a lot more blower than most people think. I went 10.90s with one in a 5.0 fox body with some bolt ons.

THAITED

Established Member
Novi 1000 has better mid range than 2000. Smaller impeller spin faster at lower rpm. I like my 2000 because there's room to grow on it. I don't know exactly how many lbs of boost will the 1000 maxes out. My guest is 16-18 lbs. Either way, you should be able to hit 400 marks in a stock engine with the right combo of mods and tune. Don't know about auto though. When my car has a stock engine, with power pipe, 75 mm t-body, LT headers, mid pipe, CB and some good tuning I hit 405 to the wheels. It could have been more but I don' t think the stock engine will last (btw, my car is stick shift)

Last edited:

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I say you should lay down 365 or so, you will make real good mid range.

I like my 2000, makes a nice curve, plus with 410's I don't lack any down low, plus room to grow

101blur

Established Member
hey how about a 97 cobra about to install a novi 1000 on her what do you guys think I'll make looking for around 420-450whp ?

Nate's7.3

Established Member
As others said you should be in the mid to upper 300 range.

The 1000 is a great blower but people write it off cause the 2000 is out there. I personally own a 2000 but its cause want the room to grow with a new block in the future. For daily street use and if you keep it at 8-10 psi then you are actually running a good boost curve through all your gears. You will be more than happy with a 1000, they max out from my understandings at around 16-18 psi. So as long as you have no plans to go the deep into it then you will be just fine.

No reason why you cant see 400 rwhp with the right tune and mods on it.

Nate's7.3

Established Member
hey how about a 97 cobra about to install a novi 1000 on her what do you guys think I'll make looking for around 420-450whp ?

Actually I am going with high 300's as well.

Only way you will see mid 400's is if your cammed, 10 + psi, and one of the best tunes you could ever get.

Nate's7.3

Established Member
thx I thought i would see better numbers being a cobra tho...

Not on a 96-98. They are great but the numbers wont be much higher.

I would say 360-375 on the 02 GT with his current mods and 375-390's on yours (depending on your other supporting mods).

I am looking for 475 rwhp and thats with a forged lower end, ported heads, crower cams, full set up, tune, and all supporting mods on my 01 GT.

Thats on 8-10 psi. I am upping it to 15 psi and going for mid 500's and seeing how long the block last.

Last edited:

101blur

Established Member
ok the only supporting mods i have are 42lbs injectors, 90mm maf, slp load mouth 2, bbk off road x and screamin deamon coil packs...

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
dude if you have a built block and worried that its not gonna last makeing 500hp then i think you need to rebuild your shit cuz 500 hp on a built block itsnt anything..lol... and you dont need a cam to get 400hp on a gt with a novi 2000 if your a stick.. dude you dumb i think you need to read up on some shit b4 you post... you can make 400 hp with a procharger with 8-9 pounds of booty STOCK.... not to be mean but read and just shut up...

Yeah booty stock.

I like how he says " dude you dumb" then follows it up with that it wasn't meant to be mean...

If your a wealth of knowledge why make a post asking numbers if you seem to already know them. You know 8-9 PSI is going to make at least 400 but you asked in your first post..

THAITED

Established Member
Not on a 96-98. They are great but the numbers wont be much higher.

I would say 360-375 on the 02 GT with his current mods and 375-390's on yours (depending on your other supporting mods).

I am looking for 475 rwhp and thats with a forged lower end, ported heads, crower cams, full set up, tune, and all supporting mods on my 01 GT.

Thats on 8-10 psi. I am upping it to 15 psi and going for mid 500's and seeing how long the block last.

My still last!!!!!! I used to have .20 over and it lasted for a long long time until some shit head tuner decide to add too much timing to the car and blew it up. I ran 22 psi back then with only 100 octane. I should have use 115 octane oh well live and learn. Now I have the stroker and I beat it up bad........

Nate's7.3

Established Member
My still last!!!!!! I used to have .20 over and it lasted for a long long time until some shit head tuner decide to add too much timing to the car and blew it up. I ran 22 psi back then with only 100 octane. I should have use 115 octane oh well live and learn. Now I have the stroker and I beat it up bad........

Thats good to know thank you.

This will be my first car with that kinda power and while the internals are good I have heard talk of the block not last long when in the 500 rwhp range.

I am not overly worried if it blows as I will go out and get me a nice stroker motor but I would like to make it last as long as I can.

THAITED

Established Member
Thats good to know thank you.

This will be my first car with that kinda power and while the internals are good I have heard talk of the block not last long when in the 500 rwhp range.

I am not overly worried if it blows as I will go out and get me a nice stroker motor but I would like to make it last as long as I can.

The block should last, I'm using the same block right now (when it use to be .20 over) and it still good.

Mike@TF

Established Member
so what would be around my 1/4mile time with the supercharger and makeing about 390 to the wheels? i do have rear upper and lowers and k-member, 3500 stall, 4.10s, and subframes

THAITED

Established Member
so what would be around my 1/4mile time with the supercharger and makeing about 390 to the wheels? i do have rear upper and lowers and k-member, 3500 stall, 4.10s, and subframes

Check out Steeda website, their test car ran low 12's with it.

Users who are viewing this thread