How much HP will twin Walbro's support running E85

Jroc

Established Member
I plan on using a return style fuel system and run E85 in my Termifox. I would like to use the kit from Lethal for two reason.

First I would prefer to run in tank pumps.

Second I like that the Fore hat has a return built into it, and it lets me use my Cobras gas tank without having to mod a return into the tank itself.

I would prefer not to have to spend for the triple pump setup. I plan on initially running my home ported Eaton, and maybe go TS down the road. So like the title states what are twin Walbro 255lph pumps good for with E85, and when should you upgrade to 3 pumps?

Also will the Fore hat house other pumps like some Bosch 040's, or maybe even a couple factory Supra Denso pumps which are suppose to be excellent? I'm even considering some Bosch 044's which I hear are good, but they are an inline fuel pump.

I'm really liking the Denso's as they are suppose to be extremely reliable,(factory TT Supra pump. Go figure) and they flow a good bit better than the Walbro's especially at higher psi's. I just don't want to buy the Fore hat, and not have them fit.
http://densofuelpump.com/

Thanks,

Jesse

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Jesse,

The Walbro GSS342's support around 550 RWHP each on gasoline. So that would be around 1100 RWHP. Minus around 30% for E85 puts you at 770 RWHP or so.

I would call Fore direct and ask them about your other questions.

Jroc

Established Member
^ Thanks for your reply. That is more HP than my car will ever have I'm sure. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread