How much HP is the procharger stage II Intercooler good for?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I currently have the procharger stage II kit with a D1SC head unit making 740 rwhp on E85 on the stock motor. I am going to be building the motor next year and looking to make around 800 or so rwhp. Would it be worth it to upgrade to the race intercooler at this power level? Also has anyone on here made over 800 hp with the stage II kit using the stage II intercooler?

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
To be honest, I do not have a good answer to the question. I swapped from the stage 2 intercooler to the race intercooler once I put a built short block in the car. I run methanol, e85, and a wastegate setup on my car so my results are not typical.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
To be honest, I do not have a good answer to the question. I swapped from the stage 2 intercooler to the race intercooler once I put a built short block in the car. I run methanol, e85, and a wastegate setup on my car so my results are not typical.
Thanks, btw how much did the race intercooler end up costing you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Fapacaulk

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Look at Treadstone. A good alternative to Procharger at less than half the price. I run the Procharger 3 core, but I also got it for $200 used. At you're power level the race or something equivalent would be beneficial.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks, btw how much did the race intercooler end up costing you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Fapacaulk
I want to say it was around $1150. Keep in mind the Procharger intercoolers keeps the MAF in the end tank. You will need a retune for the race intercooler since it changes the whole MAF curve.

4VFTW

Established Member
OP, we have nearly identical combos, I'm curious what pulley your running and if you have track times?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
, I'm curious what pulley your running and if you have track times?
Unfortunately I don't have any track times but am running a 4.5" pulley which is about 12 or so PSI according to my boost gauge. Plan on going to the track this spring.

Users who are viewing this thread