How much hp gain???????

Brad003

Established Member
I just got a 2002 Harley Davidson sc and I just measured the crank pulley and it's 10". Does this mean 10lb added to it? And if so, does that mean I'm pushing 16lb of boost? And I don't know if it's been tuned but how much hp would the 10lb pulley add? What should I be looking at over all to the ground and at motor? Also, what else could I do to it simple upgrades. The only thing that I know of is the crank pulley. Any info will be helpful.

Brad003

Established Member
It's a motoblue lower crank pulley. From lip to lip measures 10". I heard that could be a 10lb or 8lb depending on brand. So does anyone know which this one is? And also, going to go get it dynoed next Tuesday. It's a mean ride at half throttle. Sh** and gets. Hopefully it's already tuned. Anyone know the numbers to the wheels I should be pushing? Also any suggestions on easy upgrades? Thanks again.

mike.b

Established Member
like knightridersvt said, you need a tune, NOW

even if its tuned already, i'd have it checked for piece of mind. learned that lesson the hard way

Brad003

Established Member
I heard the motoblue have the lb stamped on them somewhere. Either way, I'm getting it dyno checked next Tuesday and if not tuned, will be getting it tuned. Does anyone know the numbers I should be expecting at the ground? And thank yall for yalls help so far.

Brad003

Established Member
And does anyone know how it would run if it don't have a tune? Like miss, run rich, spudder, etc.

Stoffer

I paid my buck-o-five
Established Member
if you are still driving it without a tune I'd like to offer your stock motor my condolences, and if you are running it on a stock MAF that way you can go ahead and order that long block now

Brad003

Established Member
It's my 1st rodeo with this stuff but am i in major no no area for stock motor? I hardly ever get it in boost just of the fact I don't know if it's tuned yet. I am putting a throttle body and cold air intake and boost gauge on it this coming up week along with a tune. But is there a problem with my setup? And it is a stock maf.

Brad003

Established Member
I have had it about a month and a half and have out roughly 2k miles on it. No problems. Does this sound like I have some kind of tune at least? The complete list of mods to my knowledge: throttle body, cai, boost gauge(all 3 coming this week), lower pulley(10"), full exhaust.

Stoffer

I paid my buck-o-five
Established Member
It's my 1st rodeo with this stuff but am i in major no no area for stock motor? I hardly ever get it in boost just of the fact I don't know if it's tuned yet. I am putting a throttle body and cold air intake and boost gauge on it this coming up week along with a tune. But is there a problem with my setup? And it is a stock maf.

don't you dare (unless you want to blow the motor) get on the throttle until you've installed an upgraded MAF and a solid tune

a canned tune isn't going to suffice

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1, ask who ever is tuning your vehicle. Some do only SCT, some do only Diablo and some do both. If you already have a SCT handheld, i would just get a SCT MAF. Def no WOT till you have it tuned, but def have the MAF handy to swap there. Also i would bump it down to a 6lb lower if you want to run it for a while without popping the motor.

Brad003

Established Member
Gotcha. I asked my tuner and he does both and I got my hands on a cheap diablo so I'm goin to try it out. My setup now is as followed:
Lfp sbtb
Cai
8lb lower
2 100mm ideler pulleys
Full exhaust
Lightning upper pulley(looking for one now)
Egr delete
Oil seperator

I think that's it as of now.

Brad003

Established Member
Gotcha. I asked my tuner and he does both and I got my hands on a cheap diablo so I'm goin to try it out. My setup now is as followed:
Lfp sbtb
Cai
8lb lower
2 100mm ideler pulleys
Full exhaust
Lightning upper pulley(looking for one now)
Egr delete
Oil seperator

I think that's it as of now.

Brad003

Established Member
I've done a lot of reading and the rods look like the weak point internal. Anyone know the amount of rwhp/rwtq that they can handle?

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
I have an 02 with 140k miles on it with an 6lb lower, stock maf and diablo tune. Last dyno at the rear wheels was 387hp torque was 510. I have driven it for over 100k with no engine problems no need for an aftermarket maf.

Users who are viewing this thread