How much for GS/D3's?

rmgtc01

Established Member
TTT,
I have Nitto 555's now. They were awsome when I first got them and through most of the wear. Wheel Hop gone. I have about 35% tread left and the hop is back.
I have heard good things abouth the GS-D3, especially in the wet.
I know he charges $169 for the Nitto in that size, so let's see what a GS-D3 is. I think they are expensive (200ish), but if his price is right I may get them.

Chris@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
They run $203 per tire.. BUT...

Until 10/8, Goodyear is offering a $75 Gas Card on purchases of 4 tires... On top of this, Discount Tire is offering a $50 Mail-In rebate on sets of 4 as well....

Like I said, this is valid until 10/08/05.

rmgtc01

Established Member
With the discounts thats 171.75 (687) per tire.
Of course that is 812 up front.
:thumbsup:

rmgtc01

Established Member
Hey Chris,

I saw the $50 dollar rebate on the GS-D3's is still good. Any other discounts still active? Also how long to recieve them to 33312?
Also, is that one of those 6 week later rebates?
I need these on my car before the end of the month.

Bad01SVT

Established Member
Yes Chris I was asking if the KDW 2 was better. I do a lot of highway driving. Back and forth from Michigan to Ohio. And I am really concerned about when it rains. Right now I have 245/40zr17 Falken Ziex ZX512 which have done pretty good but the rear end bounces around so much when it is really wet out. I am going to a 18x10 in the rear and I want to put a 315 on it but my father said that it will want to float in the rain. I just want to put the best tire on it that I can. The Goodyear and the BFG KDW2 seem like the best but I dont know what is going to be the best in the rain. How would a 315 do in the rain? If you were buying which of the two would you buy? What is the price difference on them? I see that the Goodyears are $277. Thanks for all of your help.

Dan

Chris@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
Hey Chris,

I saw the $50 dollar rebate on the GS-D3's is still good. Any other discounts still active? Also how long to recieve them to 33312?
Also, is that one of those 6 week later rebates?
I need these on my car before the end of the month.

Yes, we are still offering the $50 Mail In rebate on sets of 4 Goodyear tires.

It would take 3-4 business days for you to see them.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. It's a mail-in...

Chris

Chris@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
BadSVT01 said:
Yes Chris I was asking if the KDW 2 was better. I do a lot of highway driving. Back and forth from Michigan to Ohio. And I am really concerned about when it rains. Right now I have 245/40zr17 Falken Ziex ZX512 which have done pretty good but the rear end bounces around so much when it is really wet out. I am going to a 18x10 in the rear and I want to put a 315 on it but my father said that it will want to float in the rain. I just want to put the best tire on it that I can. The Goodyear and the BFG KDW2 seem like the best but I dont know what is going to be the best in the rain. How would a 315 do in the rain? If you were buying which of the two would you buy? What is the price difference on them? I see that the Goodyears are $277. Thanks for all of your help.

Dan

Dan,

With the 18 inch wheels, I'd run the KDW-2, afterall, the W stands for wet. :)
The biggest tire made in 18 would be a 295/35R18 which is plenty for a 10 inch wheel.

Chris

rmgtc01

Established Member
Yes, we are still offering the $50 Mail In rebate on sets of 4 Goodyear tires.

It would take 3-4 business days for you to see them.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. It's a mail-in...

Chris

Chris,

I got the tires, fairly fast too. I did not recieve a reciept or rebate cert., delivery guy just dropped the tires. I also wanted to get the warranty for the tires, since they are 200 bucks each. I am putting them on today at a local firestone since Discount Tire is closed on Sunday here in Orlando. I was driving around on my Nittos in case the Hurricane threw nails into the streets.
Please give me a call. I will PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread