How much does YOUR Registration cost??

coild

Established Member
I live in Northern California and I just paid my annual DMV registration at a cost of $394 for my 2004 Lightning.
Just wondering how much others pay? I do have a personalized plate, but that only adds $25. Total ripoff!!
I know this screwed up state is one of the most expensive, but it would be nice to see some comparisons. It would give me another excuse to move to Idaho.

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
I think it was 280 or so here last time. Sc taxes you based on the estimated value of your property. Some other states probably have a flat fee by the looks of some peoples costs.

00blacky

Established Member
Mine was $68.

My bike last year was $525!!!! This year it was $134. Sucks when you buy from a private party and don't pay the taxes. Lol

cobrkilrl

Established Member
27.50 a year and that's is for each of my 4 vehicles. 09 GT-500, 03 roush, 04 lightning and 06 dodge quad cab. You guy's are paying some crazy prices for registration. That's 27.50 for each vehicle.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
A bit over $400 this year for my '04, sadly that's half of what I paid the first few years when it was about $800. Former Gov, now HHS Sec Sebeulis spearheaded a provision that changed the law to make it more expensive for tax payers, just a few months before I got my L.

Users who are viewing this thread