how much does my car worth?

D-Cobra

Established Member
so i'm thinking of selling the car, and would like to know how much would my car worth in a private party deal given if i leave all the mods. see sig for mods.

trying to compare whether i should take the mod parts off and sell the car in mostly stock trim or leave everything.

BTW, i'm selling the wheels, here's the link: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124934

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
It's worth what you can get for it.....not trying to be a smart a!!, but if you're patient and can wait for the right buyer, you can get a decent price. What's your mileage?

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
Mods don't typically bring you any more money than a stock car. Most times, it will take you longer to sell a car with a lot of mods because you have to find a buyer who would have done those exact things AND is willing to pay you extra for them. You have voided most of the warranty for the next buyer too, if not the whole warranty. That is a big reason people don't want a modded car that is relatively new. Also, the bank doesn't care what mods are on the car, they will loan book value and that is it. If your buyer has enough cash it isn't an issue but the bank can keep your price down that way too.

I would put it on the market at $29k if you have less than 10k miles and see what you get in terms of offers, if any. I would be surprised if you get more than $26k for it since 04s can be had for $29k or less new. If you don't get what you want with the mods, return it to stock and sell it for $25-$26k (if you have less than 10k miles). That seems to be about all the 03s will bear on the open market unless you find a sucker willing to pay more. Just my .02 so take it for what it is worth...

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Don't know where you're from, but here in Portland, OR, a car like this is worth no more than $25k tops. I have seen stock or near stock with low-mileage 3k - 9k miles go for under $24k. It's depressing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You will get more for your car with certain mods. Those that are the most popular (meaning the ones the average owner would get) do mean something. Extraordinary mods, though, usually won't net you much on the car. I would keep the "standard" mods on the car and remove the extraordinary mods. That should net you the most money overall. JMO.

And as mentioned above, patience is important, too. I was fortunate to sell my Cobra without having to advertise. Keep you eyes open for posts in the Market section from folks looking to buy a Cobra. You might pass the word along to your local Mustang club(s) as well. It wouldn't hurt.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Hey D-Cobra! I think it's worth about $5000. And I have a check for you...and I'll pick the car up...you don't need to even wash it! Now, if you're interested, I have some ocean front property for sale here in Phoenix...

Jpjr

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
You will get more for your car with certain mods. Those that are the most popular (meaning the ones the average owner would get) do mean something. Extraordinary mods, though, usually won't net you much on the car. I would keep the "standard" mods on the car and remove the extraordinary mods. That should net you the most money overall. JMO.

And as mentioned above, patience is important, too. I was fortunate to sell my Cobra without having to advertise. Keep you eyes open for posts in the Market section from folks looking to buy a Cobra. You might pass the word along to your local Mustang club(s) as well. It wouldn't hurt.

-I disagree. I believe that the people that mod cars enjoy doing it themselves and would be edgy trusting someone elses work. I for one, would not buy a car with mods. Your spending too much money for a car with voided warranty and trusting someone who you've never met to have installed the parts correctly. Plus, people that mod their car in generally rag on it a lot more since they are obviously interested in speed.

If I were this guy I would return the car to as close to stock as possible, and sell the aftermarket parts on ebay. Go to the dealer and have the car inspected at stock, and get documentation (inspection report) showing that the car is stock. Warranty is then back in the game, no harm no foul :)

Users who are viewing this thread