How much did you spend on aftermarket parts in 2019?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It wasnt that much last year. Around $1000

Strut tower brace
K member brace
DBA rotors
Hawk pads
Focus ST RMM

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are you looking for what I told my wife or the real number?

parts + labor its got to be $40-50k. Goddam, it is easier not paying attention to this.
Yeah, that's up there. I read some of what you all have spent on mods in 2019 and it reminds me why I sold my '03 Cobra in the first place. For sure if I kept it over the years I'd be posting a high annual dollar amount as well. Not huge dollars but likely in the couple of grand territory. So easy to do with so many options on all of Ford's hi-performance vehicles.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Apparently not enough lol. Actually just a few hundred. I’m content til at least summer. 2020 might be different.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, that's up there. I read some of what you all have spent on mods in 2019 and it reminds me why I sold my '03 Cobra in the first place. For sure if I kept it over the years I'd be posting a high annual dollar amount as well. Not huge dollars but likely in the couple of grand territory. So easy to do with so many options on all of Ford's hi-performance vehicles.

It is great to have so many options. And you can do a lot for much less with Mustang/fomoco (vs. $19k cam package for c7 zr1 LOL).

I rationalize it by thinking it would be multiples of this if I was into boats.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Heck, I spent about $1k this last year in HPTuners licenses alone. No idea how much I've bought from Terry or MMR. At least $3k from those guys for sure.

So about $4k?

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
I drive a GM, I spent all of my money on replacing their terribly engineered stock parts. 2019 was a rough year, I'm looking at around $4-6 grand in maintenance parts. I'll know more as I prepare my 2019 taxes.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Heck, I spent about $1k this last year in HPTuners licenses alone. No idea how much I've bought from Terry or MMR. At least $3k from those guys for sure.

So about $4k?

I picked up HPtuners last year too...just for my LS junk, not brave enough to mess with my coyote.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
It is great to have so many options. And you can do a lot for much less with Mustang/fomoco (vs. $19k cam package for c7 zr1 LOL).

LMR is not typical of what you pay in the LS world, may as well hand those m'fers your wallet when you walk thru the door. They do good work, but you can definitely get the same quality work done for less elsewhere. Me personally, I cannot afford any shop, so I do my own stunts from doing heads, cam, to pulling motors and transmissions etc...

Kevins89notch

Established Member
$0.00....sadly.

The 89 is down for the time being till I buy a house. Then it's GAME ON!!!! Paint and body work, refresh the engine, maybe a new trans, new tires, new brakes, install the k-member, a-arms, coil overs, etc.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

All true. My point I guess was how literally these Mustangs are money magnets. And the majority of owners are very happy to spend it. Me, somewhat on the sideline, gets to admire all of the stuff you folks do, mods wise. There are literally scores of awesome vehicles represented here on SVTP.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Waiting for Treynor to see this thread...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I literally just came here to post something similar. He needs to WOW us with how much he's spent on mods (hell, cars, too) in 2019. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread