How much can a mach rear take...

Steeda1

Established Member
I have a stock Mach 1 solid axle in the car. I know I'm fine now, but how much more can this thing take. Next track season I plan on running et streets and maybe a small shot of n2o. I already have an apten, 2.76, x-pipe, catback, a JLT cai and a few other small things.

Thanks for the help...PB

P.S. I might also add a 2lb lower or switch to a 2.93/4lb combo:burnout:

Sapperstang

Established Member
Did you already upgrade the axles? A lot of guys are breaking them with nothing but drag radials.

Sapperstang

Established Member
Watch out then. I have heard of so many people breaking the axles on these thing wtih just drag radials.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Oh, you're the dude involved in the rear end swap.

If you really want to get advice from people with real experience, I suggest you take this thread over to Mach-1.org and talk to members there.

If I had to guess at what they would say, I would say that your Mach1 rear end won't last very long at all. If you plan on dumping the clutch at high RPM's, you might get a few runs out of it. But who knows for sure?

You would be wise to beef that rear end up with 31 spline axles and a clutchless differential, such as a Zexel Torsen or a Detroit True-Trac unit. Depending on how much power you're putting to the ground, even that setup might not be sufficient.

You really should ask someone with real experience though!

Sapperstang

Established Member
wurd2 said:
Oh, you're the dude involved in the rear end swap.

If you really want to get advice from people with real experience, I suggest you take this thread over to Mach-1.org and talk to members there.

If I had to guess at what they would say, I would say that your Mach1 rear end won't last very long at all. If you plan on dumping the clutch at high RPM's, you might get a few runs out of it. But who knows for sure?

You would be wise to beef that rear end up with 31 spline axles and a clutchless differential, such as a Zexel Torsen or a Detroit True-Trac unit. Depending on how much power you're putting to the ground, even that setup might not be sufficient.

You really should ask someone with real experience though!

Was that directed towards me? Because I have a Mach and I have friends with Machs and I visit the track often. A stock Mach can break the axles with nothing but DR's. Seen it happen a few times and have read about it happening several times over at the registry.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Sapperstang said:
Was that directed towards me? Because I have a Mach and I have friends with Machs and I visit the track often. A stock Mach can break the axles with nothing but DR's. Seen it happen a few times and have read about it happening several times over at the registry.

My post was directed towards PitchBlack. I apologize for the confusion.

Fosters

Established Member
dehoass said:
My stock rear took about 20-30 1.5 60' passes in the 11's. Then i decided to upgrade.

aye, they seem to be hit or miss... seen one take passes for fun ford weekend on slicks launching at 6k all day long. seen one break the axles with DRs launching at 3k...

TechRTM

Established Member
3 to 4 Grand and DR's it's just a matter of time!

Not talking about a little snap! the butt end of an axle! but Grenading and gutting! All I heard was 4 Grand and a SNAP!
The White 03 Mach ET streets Gears/CAI/Pulley and Predator. could Muster high 12's

31's FRPP's work well and are reasonable $. A must for these Stang's! If your gonna Drive it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread