How much boost?

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I know that my stock boost gauge pegs past 10 when I go WOT, but how much boost am I actually getting? I have a BF 2.93 and the stock lower. I'm guessing about 13 lbs. Does anyone know what this combo creates? :shrug:

Thanks... :beer:

convert03cobra

Established Member
I had a 2.75 upper and stock lower with a stock, unported blower and made about 15 lbs. So, I think around 13lbs is pretty close.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
12-13 is what most cars will see, some as low as 11 depending on how well the motor breathes. Get a hilton overlay for your stock gauge, its only $30 and looks like it's factory....

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Thanks guys, my guess of 13 is probably pretty close. With the Accufab on a cold day maybe more. I would have gotten the Hilton boost overlay sometime ago but I understand it's a pain to install. I would rather add a real mechanical vacuum/boost gauge.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I would have gotten the Hilton boost overlay sometime ago but I understand it's a pain to install. I would rather add a real mechanical vacuum/boost gauge.

It's a hell of a lot easier than adding another seperate gauge. Just pull the gauge cluster out, lay the overlay over the factory gauge, and trim the tab. Takes less than an hour....

03CobraDom

Established Member
With a 2.8 only im seein right around 14...My dyno readout was showing 13.7...not sure which is more accurate....

It's a hell of a lot easier than adding another seperate gauge. Just pull the gauge cluster out, lay the overlay over the factory gauge, and trim the tab. Takes less than an hour....

I installed a pillar mounted boost gauge (twice) two weeks ago lol..took less than an hour start to finish...I actually think it was easier than it would be to do the Hilton overlay..dont even need a screwdriver to do it

Users who are viewing this thread