How much are you paying for Racing Fuel?????

CobraRLC

Established Member
I thought that I would throw this question out. Since we do not have fuels above 91 octane I thought that we could mix it up our selves. Thanks to Tetge for the ratios......also 76s website has a chart for mixing......http://www.76.com
100 octane....
Trick
VP
:rolling:

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Robert...I paid $4.49 a gallon for 100 octane at 76 yesterday:rolleyes:...there is one a a couple miles from my house...I threw $20 bucks in to enjoy during my days off :D

Fast50Capri

Established Member
I just got some leaded 108 octane Sat night for $4.50 a gal.

There are also some stations here in town that sell unleaded 100 octane trick at the pump for 3.99 a gal.

griffined

SVT driver
A couple weekends ago, I 96 octane unleaded was $3.19 at Sears Point. I got 10 gallons of the good stuff twice during the weekend when I was running open track with the Shelby Club. My MPG on the track drops to about 4 MPG, and you don't want to run out of gas when you are on the track.

stang99

$4.25/gal. Trick 101 unleaded from the self serve pump. Corner DeSoto and VanOwen next to the fire station in the SF Valley. It's the good stuff and it takes 1 gallon of 101 + 4 gallons of + 91 to get 5 gallons of 93 octane. If 91 = $2.25 the price per gallon of blended 93 in Calif is $2.65 gal. Not too bad considering, but still a rip. 93 octane seems to be sufficient to fend off any detonation that I might encounter even running more boost than I am tuned for (not that I would run extra boost).
Blended 95 octane would be 1.5 gal 91 + 1 gal 101 and would cost $3.05 a gallon. Ain't simple math fun?
It really gets interesting when you start to fill up your blended tank with subsequent 91 octane stuff. If you start with 95, you may still have 92 after two fill ups, depending upon how empty you let your tank get. This all keeps me busy on my long commute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venomous Mofo

I get VP 103 direct out of the pump in HB for $5.25 gallon. Comes out to $26 for 5 gallons.

I drive to the track on 1/4 tank, flogging it all the way down. Fuel light comes on just before the exit. Drive with the fuel light on until i get to the track,then add the 5 gallons.

Red BOLT99

Established Member
Prick, you know your taking a BIG risk with only 5gallons in your Tank.
Especially if your planning to Squeez.
I know you know better!

Last edited:

Venomous Mofo

Originally posted by Red BOLT99
Prick, you know your taking a BIG risk with only 5gallons in your Tank.
Especially if your planning to Squeez.
I know you know better!

Yes i know, but im not worried about that until i squeeze. Since im not hitting low 1.7's on my 60's yet, im not to concerned. Ill go to 10 gallons when i shoot the juice.

Talk about taking a big risk mr 18+ psi on stock block man :lol1:

:beer:

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
We all know that you quarter milers are one Lego short of an amusement park yet still run circles around me when it comes to trick Chit. Do you not have to have a "Flip" chip for the higher octane to work?
Help out the old Bald one here .

Red BOLT99

Established Member
I would say YES on the Flip chip, it would make your car take more advantege of the Higher octane with or without mods. A thought.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
we have a flip chip, need the good pure 100 octane stuff to make it work though (without throwing a rod through the side of the block...)

Users who are viewing this thread