How much are my stock gears killing me?

97SVT#777

Established Member
Only mods I have are below. Car makes 400rwhp, 360rwtq. From a kick I can beat corvettes like their imports, even the new c6, but from a stop is a different story. If I were to change to something like 3.73's would that help me out alot? I've had mustangs with 4.10's and 4.30's, but never one with even half this horsepower. I do have nittos on and they hook well, I don't want to have problems spinning, so thats why I've never changed the gears. What do yall think? Its fun beating cars from a dig but when people ask me what I run at the track I'm embarrased to say its an 8.4 in the 1/8, even though it was my only time at the track with the charger on. It ran 8.8 bone stock. Whats up? Thanks for all your help.

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
3.90 or a 4.10...your car will be a totally different animal with that centrifugal charger on it with the gear swap...DO IT. as everyone always says...DONT FEAR THE GEAR, especially in a centri charged stang...

obviously by changing the gear your going to multiply the torque more so your probably going to spin a little more than you do now...your gonna have to learn how to drive the car all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread