How many SVT owners in DE

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
Well i just got out of the military and moved back to DE about 2 months ago. I've been seeing quite a few SVTs around and was wondering if any of them checked this board. I drive a 2002 True Blue Lightning and can be found anywhere between Kirkwood Hwy, and Dover.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
i live in newark. i have a 03 cobra redfire. you PM me about going to the track, i was planning on going friday maybe i'll see you their
-Tim

ps i love true blue i had a 03 GT i traded in for my cobra i loved that color :banana: heres a old pic
painted_wheels_001.jpg

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
2001 Cobra 'vert for me, the wife drives a '98 SVT Contour. We're in Dover. I have a handful of friends down here with other SVT's and high-performance Fords, too.

vipergts281

Established Member
I am in Newark on most weekends. Me and my buddies usually drive around....they have Mach 1's. If you see me, chances are there is a Torch Red Mach 1 right around as well.

I went through Middletown on Sunday on my way to Rehoboth. I rarely ever see any other 03 Cobra's, but I saw 2 black ones on the trip.....right in the Dover area.

I'll keep an eye out for your L. :beer:

Last edited:

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
ive seen only a couple of other cobras around newark one was a redfire like mine and it had exhaust and ive seen it on cleavend ave. bunch of times.
-Tim

vipergts281

Established Member
03cobra 87GN said:
ive seen only a couple of other cobras around newark one was a redfire like mine and it had exhaust and ive seen it on cleavend ave. bunch of times.
-Tim
I've been down Main Street and Cleavand Ave. eleventy billion times and I've never seen a redfire Cobra. I do know there is one that is on 202 alot up near Route 1. And my buddy Mike, Dr. Wu on here, is also not too far away.

I was just out this past Saturday night in Newark. Driving around the University with all of the girls in their halloween costumes..... :eek:

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
i'll be out this weekend i have a redfire 03 cobra. you didn't by any chance see a red 5 door VW golf real loud, turbo? thats one of my friends he always out in newark

vipergts281

Established Member
Nope, don't recall seeing him. I'll probably be out as well this weekend.

Check out the pics in my sig if you get a chance. You can see my car and some of my friends cars. We are all around Newark from time to time.

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
You guys are making newark sound pretty intresting on the weekends. What nights do you guys tend to go out, any one on here meet up. If so where at??

vipergts281

Established Member
Newark is ok. It used to be better. Haven't seen too many cars around lately.

I am out on Friday and Saturday nights. I used to be out every weekend, but not so much anymore.

Zentenk

Established Member
I'm always looking for SVT to eat in Dover. ;-)

J/K I cruise around but not much... I may cruise around some tonight after I get my spring reseated... it is raising the left rear tire up so there is some gap. Must have been from Cecil County. I can't get any traction though so racing is useless haha. Next spring I plan on getting some D/R and hitting up the track more often. :burnout:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Another RedFire coupe from Newark here. Dark Tint, Chrome rims, and Chrome tail bumper inserts. I cruise 202 area, West Cherster to 95 almost every Friday and Saturday night.....Anyone want to meet up shoot me a PM. The last few weeks have been bad. No one is out at all.
I agree w/ Gene, Newark is not as good as it used to be, thats why I go up to 202.

Mike

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
Well I'm thinking we should try to arrange some sort of get together before the snow decideds to show up(knock on wood) :beer: . What do you guys think??

Jason

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
vipergts281 said:
Newark and West Chester have been dead the past few weeks. I'm guessing this cold weather scares people off.
I agree Gene. It's a shame too cause my car loves this weather. :burnout:

SKYWALKR

Established Member
I grew up in Elkton, Newark goes through its phases. Right now most students probably left for the Holiday, never been up 202 though.

Luke

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
SKYWALKR said:
I grew up in Elkton, Newark goes through its phases. Right now most students probably left for the Holiday, never been up 202 though.

Luke
I'd say about 3 years ago 202 was where it was at. I used to live in North Wilmington so almost every night in the summer I'd take my TA out. It was very rare that I could go from one end to the other without getting at least 1 or 2 cars to mix it up with.
Since then the State police have put 202 on lock down and it really sucks now...Even in the summer. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread