• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

How many owners of your cobra

Discussion in 'Terminator Talk' started by ShootyMCstabby, Apr 6, 2018.

1. BADASS03SVT

BADASS03SVT Well-Known Member Established Member

bought November 2003, 1 owner!

ShootyMCstabby and Goose17 like this.
  2. ShootyMCstabby

ShootyMCstabby Brownie Hound. Established Member

Nice, looks like you have taken her pretty far in those years too. Congrats on sticking with the same car for that long while chasing faster times.

3. 99 KOBRA

99 KOBRA Speed Racer Established Member

Second owner. Bought my '04 in '05 in bone-stock condition.

ShootyMCstabby likes this.
  4. dpj99cobra

dpj99cobra NC Mustanger Established Member

It really is all about the quality of owner more than the quantity. I'm the 4th owner of my '04 and it only had 19K when I got it. It was owned by one lady who drove it, one guy who collected (or so I'm told) and the last guy who I affectionately refer to as a hoarder who never drove it. Thanks cool cobra, she's doing just fine!

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

COOL COBRA and ShootyMCstabby like this.
  5. cobra940

cobra940 Calgarian Cobra Established Member

Second owner, bought mine in 2010 with just over 5600 miles on it and bone stock. Currently has 13xxx miles on it now

6. SVTdreamin04

SVTdreamin04 What's a "Termi"??? Premium Member Established Member

I am the 6th owner. One of those owners was a terrible mechanic...
    The heat exchanger bracket for the blower had the flanges bent backwards and a hole saw was used to cut holes into the front bumper to install nuts for the bolts to mount the heat exchanger.

A 99 fuel tank was used and two fuel pumps were ghetto rigged in the tank.

The intercooler piping was plumbed up backwards and copper pipe couplings were used to splice the hose.

That’s just a start of what I have been against because of one, or multiple of the previous owners short cutting the crap out of mods done to this car.

I wish I had a way to find the original purchaser of my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Osiris

Osiris Active Member Established Member

Second owner

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

8. 1wild-horse

1wild-horse Relax! I'm a Doctor! Established Member

2nd owner. Bought it 3 years old with 2k on the odo. Was originally sold out of the dealer I still work for to an employee and her hubby. They also lived a block down from my folks. Traded often. When he swapped this for a Cadillac, I scooped it up. It was as close to buying a brand new one as I would ever get.

Bdubbs, Goose17 and ShootyMCstabby like this.
  9. BMSTNG

BMSTNG Active Member Established Member

Third owner. First owner was from Ohio, Second owner was from LI, NY. He bought it in 2012 with 2k miles on it. He sold it to me in July of 2013 with 3,660 miles on it. It now has 7k miles

10. Dip Dungles

Dip Dungles Pew Pew Premium Member Established Member

2nd owner. OO was an old salt from Waltham who bought it new then sold it to me 2 years ago. He had a few tasteless mods done that I’ve since cleaned up. The rest of the mods are all me

11. Adamn

Adamn Active Member Established Member

2nd owner. Bought it in 2012 with 18k miles and currently has 22k. When I was searching before I bought mine I was ready to buy one with 30k but changed my mind after carfax showed it was on its 6th owner and had been registered all across the country. I just didn’t like the fact that it had changed owners so many times with that few miles.

12. 3B99SVT

3B99SVT Top down makes me smile Established Member

3rd owner here. And I need to update my picture.

13. zredfire04

zredfire04 Active Member Established Member

i'm the 5th owner.

while poking around, i found the paperwork from when the first guy bought it.

mine needed some tlc too...i've been improving it as much as budget allows. the worst part of the car now is the paint. clear coat is oxidizing in a few spots and peeling off the rear bumper. the front bumper needs replaced too.

14. Smooth

Smooth Well Seasoned Established Member

I'm the 2nd owner of my '04 vert. I bought it August 11th, 2012 as a gift to myself for getting out of prison.

15. big dad

big dad Well-Known Member Established Member

Same age as you my fellow senior citizen, only difference is I took mine home on Sept. 6th 2002, currently has 2252 miles on it. All mods are stealth unless you know what too look at.

ShootyMCstabby and Skitzerman like this.
  16. Skitzerman

Skitzerman NE Philly Premium Member Established Member

Yep, woke up one morning and found myself in geezerville. I bought my first Cobra, a Black Coupe, in late Sept of '02. Traded that for a Sonic Blue Coupe in March of '03. I traded that for the '04 Mystichrome Coupe. The Mystichrome is not going anywhere till I take the dirt nap, then my Will has specific instructions for the Cobra's next home.

Goose17 and ShootyMCstabby like this.
  17. ShootyMCstabby

ShootyMCstabby Brownie Hound. Established Member

Ok looks like it's all over the board. But saying cobra's with 1-3 owners are a little closer to stock with less miles, seems appropriate

Mine being a 6 or 7 owner car so far. The 3rd/4th starting modding the car, The 4th/5th owner sold off/blew the stock motor and sold off the Eaton, IRS and the transmission. With 48k miles on the odometer in 2012. He bought the Aluminator, Magnum, rear end, axles, drive shaft. a p1 pro charger and a bunch of other stuff.

He did a lot of the work and Brad's custom auto helped out when he got stuck.
    Then a couple years later he sold it after only putting a couple thousand miles on it.

it was sold complete minus the P1 procharger in 2015. Then the guy that bought it. Brought it back to Brad's custom auto. Where in 1 year he put more then 25k into it. Making it where she sits today. Minus the rims/tires and the N2MB wot box.

The car came with time slips in the 13's-12's and mid 11's. Looking forward to getting her in the 10's and 9's. While in my possession.

I agree with more owners come more problems and the unknown. One of the reasons I bought mine is because the 6" binder full of receipts and a majority of the $ parts are only a couple years old with low miles on them. Figured worse case I could part it out. But that's not happening now.

Goose17 likes this.
  18. fangin2u

fangin2u Active Member Established Member

One.

19. RI-SVT

RI-SVT TVS Powered Established Member

3rd owner here, bought it 4 yrs ago, first owner was from Indiana then to it's second owner in CT, where I bought it from a 55 yr old car enthusiast after he sold it to me bought a Factory Five kit car

20. *Jay*

*Jay* Tweeker by trade Premium Member Established Member

Fourth owner here, got my 03 SB in 2010 fro Hi-End auto with 48,000 miles. Wife picked her out and I have to say she had a better eye than me that day. Not too sure about the first 3 owners except 2 were in VA and 1 was in PA. 72,000 miles now with no major issues except my bumper paint being jacked up from the factory drilled plate holder.