How Many Out There Prefer There Car Stock?

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
I am just curious how many out their on this site prefer there Cobra stock? I have always modified every single car I have ever owned...even the family truckster. A few years ago I got into the SSP hobby with having fully restored SSP Mustangs. I have owned two fully restored SSP's and two unrestored SSP's over the years. This was a big change for me. Instead of looking for speed parts, I began looking for NOS items...which can be just as pricey and a PIA to find....which is part of the fun I guess. The Cobra I own now is a '04 with just under 1200 miles. I finally bought tags for it after 3 months of owning her and other than my F'n fast shift knob I am thinking of just leaving her untouched.

So somewhere along the line I learned to appreciate a Mustang the way it came from the factory. I am not sure if it is because of age, or lack of time to get to the track, or what...I just appreciate what Ford gave us a little more now. Any others?

A couple of my past SSP's.

100_7769.jpg

100_6663.jpg

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
I leave my L's motor mostly stock because unfortunitly L motors weren't built nearly as stout as the other Ford SC'ed v8's, and I don't feel like risking snapping a rod with my stock motor on my DD. I do need to get around to putting my Punisher Street VB in it though.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I enjoy slightly modded.

You lose reliability the farther you get from stock, even if youre the best modder with the best parts and install regimens. You start to stress other items in the process.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Depends on car. I would modify my Cobra to the point where it would run on race gas only. My BMW on the otherhand, I wouldn't touch the exhaust, just keep it simple with a chip and intake.

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
It is a hard thing to do, as I am really wanting to change the exhaust on the '04. (It is just way too quiet). I am sure I will at some point, but for now I am going to enjoy it as is. Also being that my DD is a mild lifted 4.0 Grand Cherokee it already feels like a rocket ship.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I like stock when my crap breaks because of Mods I have done or increase in power.

I would love to drive a stock one again just to compare the difference in power and handling

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
To the OP..thank you for keeping it untouched because in the future it's buyers like me that are looking for 'virgins' to mod the **** out of

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I leave my L's motor mostly stock because unfortunitly L motors weren't built nearly as stout as the other Ford SC'ed v8's, and I don't feel like risking snapping a rod with my stock motor on my DD. I do need to get around to putting my Punisher Street VB in it though.

What he said. My L has been my DD for 5 years and havent done no major motor mods. Its only been intake and exhaust. Been reading about the destroyed motors since NLOC in '07. But suspension wise, I have done a lot of it.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
I have two cars. One is a 2000 Honda Civic EX coupe, my DD, that only has audio upgrades, a set of Rain-X windshield wipers, and brighter than stock but non-HID Sylvania headlight bulbs. It's perfect for a DD. 35+MPG and an all around comfortable ride.

My other car is a 1998 Camaro Z28 that will eventually be a full bolt-on, stalled, with suspension nice day cruiser.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Most of my cars get some sort of mod done to them, but I had an all original (down to plugs and wires) 88 turbo coupe I wouldn't touch. Miss that car...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
To the OP..thank you for keeping it untouched because in the future it's buyers like me that are looking for 'virgins' to mod the **** out of

I dunno about all that.

If im gonna mod the piss out of a car, I wont spend extra just to hack up a virgin unmolested one.

If I wanna keep it stockish I will though. I paid more than necessary for my GST ($4500, could find them for $3k) because it was unmolested/virgin and I was going to keep it that way for the most part. If I was looking for one to make 600awhp out of, id find the cheapest one that has a decent body and go from there, knowing half the shit im gonna replace anyways so why spend extra?

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I prefer mostly stock after having done almost everything in previous stangs. My 03 isn't my daily driver, so the mid pipe, shifter, and catback are plenty for the ride to Coldstone.

I do have a full metco idler setup, 2.8, and tuner sitting in my garage collecting dust.

I'm in no hurry to mod.

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Established Member
I prefer mostly stock after having done almost everything in previous stangs. My 03 isn't my daily driver, so the mid pipe, shifter, and catback are plenty for the ride to Coldstone.

If I do mod this Cobra this sounds about the extent I will go as well.

4a7191a

Established Member
i mod everything i get. i even modded my lawnmower when i bent the crank. i did some porting :)
when i was younger i made a short ram for my mothers mini-van. she claimed it got 2mpgs better on the freeway

Users who are viewing this thread