How many of you guys have spouses who drag race with you?

69mach03

Established Member
How many of you guys have spouses who drag race with you? :shrug:

We met in 2007 and she came to the track and watched almost every single race that season.
It was amazing to have that kind of support!

Eventually, she got a little exhausted with the spectating and quickly made the transition into a participant. Took her 07 Coupe down the track a few times at the end of the season.

Then, just after the new year in 08, I had a hand in getting her behind the wheel of a 04 TR Mach 1. Mid 14s turned into mid 13s. Now she's running mid 12s with the car. Last year she had an incredible season, racing competitively in the street class. Finished in 4th place for our track, which is outstanding for a novice.

She was very quick to pick up on the sport. Hell, she went more rounds than both me and my Dad this past Sunday. Its great to see a woman out there making passes in a Mustang... Share your stories! :rockon:

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
We don't drag race much, but my BF and I open track together, him in his SS and me in my GT.

Pock

It’s an addiction
Established Member
My girl in my sig loves being around racing. I haven't had the chance to get her behind the wheel on the track. Hopefully when I get a Cobra that will change. It should be a little easier to handle than my 69 Camaro.

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
My wife and I just bought a notch to race and work on as a family project. Weve both been down the track about the same amount.

tj04cobra

Established Member
I don't get to with mine, she kinda gets bored at the track whenever we go, but it works out for me because i would rather go alone anyhow or with some friends to get away for a bit. She's all for it too tho, don't mind me racing my car or buying stuff for it so it all works out for the best. If she ever wants to get into racing i sure wouldn't mind at all.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
my ex came with the 3 times i did track, and to every show i was in. she never drove, just liked being involved.

jfsram

Established Member
Mine has bracket raced her 1965 Plymouth Belvedere with a super slow, underpowered 225 slant six. It's was so slow I went onto the Mopar forum to ask if her 19.9 dial in was anywhere near what it's supposed to run. Apparently that's about what they run.

So it's slow and her reaction times were good enough to keep her in it until the quarter finals. So won a couple hundred $$.

On the street, she is definately NOT a street racer but if some punk ass tries to fight her for her lane it's foot to the floor.

Olive86TSi

Established Member
I've been drag racing since I was about 16. Where I'm from it's about the only thing to do Friday and Saturday nights. I never wanted to be just the "girlfriend in the stands", so I bought a car that I could play with. That one car has now turned into a number of project cars that I will run from time to time. My goal is to get my starion in the mid 11's and I'll probably stop when I reach that point. As for my boyfriend, he's just now gotten into drag racing. He's been to the track with me maybe twice and he runs his Mazda 3. I laugh at him for running his Mazda (16.3 at best), but I'm happy he supports my car habit and at least tries to have fun with it too.

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
How many of you guys have spouses who drag race with you? :shrug:
Its great to see a woman out there making passes in a Mustang... Share your stories! :rockon:

He doesn't drag race with me, he drag races against me, and whups my butt. :rollseyes It's all good, since I don't have a supercharger. We prefer road racing, though. I LOVE it!:-D

95!Vette!

Established Member
We race each other at times but all in all its fun she loves it, Hell I mod her toy more than mine:(

fxystangchic

Established Member
my husband and I are both drag obsessed and go every chance we get.
we had no idea when we met that we were both REALLY into mustangs..
was an awesome surprise and bonus.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol well me an my wife actually met racing :) I think she loves it more than I do. We are pretty competetive when it comes to racing, when I had my Cobra with just a few mod's she'd whip my ass (in her 02 Z06), but after my Whipple, it was all over. Then I got my FRC and lol it was more of the same (she was looking at taillights) We can't even ride around on our bikes without someone instigating a race (her most of the time) but she is way outmatched considering im usually on the R1 and she's on the 929 :D But it's cool, im glad she's into car's as much as I am. Alot of my friends are always bitching that their girlfriends are always yelling at them when they drive fast etc, my wife yells at me if im going to slow :D

x0lizzbeth0x

Nada.
Established Member
I'd do it - I used to go with my ex and I loved it..That's probably one of the things I'll miss most about summer. =(

Users who are viewing this thread