How many miles on your SVT.

2814v

Established Member
Sold my SVTF about 3 years ago and gotta admit been missing it ever since. Thinking about maybe getting back into one. Would like to see what kind of milage is on them after 4,5 & 6 years. If you have a tune SCT or whatever, really intrested in how they are holding up with higher miles.

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
Bone stock '02 with 74K miles. Second owner, purchased at 19K. Always maintained. Been down the 1/8 mile a handful of times but never really 'raced'. Coolant hose blew at 25K, my clutch master cylinder went out at around 71K and the serpenting belt tensioner pulley bearing seized and destroyed the pulley at 73K. No other problems, still runs like a champ.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I am probably not the best example but I just picked mine up in the beginning of November.....23K miles, I am the second owner, no known problems with the car at all.... runs like a champ.....I am getting a squeeky pulley/belt or tensioner, not sure yet but nothing major.:D

Ataru

Established Member
Bought August 21st, 2003.

Now has +114,000 miles on it with TONS of autocrosses and a couple of track days. Hell, my first real track day was already over 100K miles.

And Sonic still runs like a champ.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Purchased my '04 New in Sept. '04. 33K miles now. Still under Extended Warranty. No real problems yet, though the Driver's Side heated seat isn't working now (big deal).

I have had an XCal2 w/ Wayne's Tune and Wayne's SRI since about 5K miles. Car runs much better than stock and gets better MPG's (Always between 25-28mpg). Never raced, just my DD.

wjrountree

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
Bought mine just over 2 years ago...had 24,000 on it.....right at 70,000 now
only problem is clutch master cylinder

Tommy Gunnz

Established Member
Bought my 02 Sonic Blue in Aug 06 with 58,800 on it now have 84,300 on it with a few track days and many mods no big problems yet.

2814v

Established Member
Thanks for posting everyone, I am in the market and looking. Please see my post in the market section, WTB EAP SVTF.

SpeedOften

Established Member
04 w/ 56k

I beat the crap out of mine autocrossing and whatnot.. and I was also procharged for a year as well...

The only things that I've replaced not due to boost... the gas pedal pivot pin, thermostat housing, valve cover gasket, wiper relay, brake pads and rotors due to squeak.. that's really it...

I have also replaced the motor mounts as well as the intake manifold along with the couplers due to boost..

2814v

Established Member
Tell more about your new to you SVTF. I am looking at a co. orange 04 and a red 03. Just have not pulled the trigger yet.

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
I put 110k on my 02 SVTF with the JRSC and a bunch of other work done. AND I beat the snot out of it, just wouldnt die =D Besides minor wear and tear issues it ran great, and even got a chance to test drive it a month after I traded it in, still ran good.

Users who are viewing this thread