How many miles are on your HD trucks?

200kDD

Established Member
Looking at trading in my 01 Supercrew 4x4 for an 02 HD with 134k on the clock. They are asking 8000 for the truck at the dealer. Wanted to see if anyone has a high mileage HD and how well its held up through the miles. Considering this will be my DD. I've always wanted one of these and feel that the price is fairly reasonable considering I have a truck that I can hopefully get around 5k for trade in. Do you guys think 8000 is too much for one with 134k miles on it?

SikO2

Established Member
Looking at trading in my 01 Supercrew 4x4 for an 02 HD with 134k on the clock. They are asking 8000 for the truck at the dealer. Wanted to see if anyone has a high mileage HD and how well its held up through the miles. Considering this will be my DD. I've always wanted one of these and feel that the price is fairly reasonable considering I have a truck that I can hopefully get around 5k for trade in. Do you guys think 8000 is too much for one with 134k miles on it?

I'm assuming you are talking about a diesel. There are gas HD's also. Which is it?

Mods? Options?

IMO I wouldn't buy it. 134k isn't a "whole lot" on a diesel motor, but that is still 134k on drivetrain, tranny, interior, electrical, suspension, etc. Stuff breaks and it usually is more expensive on a diesel to fix. Go look for an old 7.3 Ford. They run forever and are usually cheaper than Chevys.

200kDD

Established Member
02's are the gas supercharged ones. Same body style as the f150 supercrews.

Last edited:

Ponyboy190

I have a 02 Harley and mine has 120,000 miles. And mine still drives great. Had not had a problem with mine at all. Only had 2 replace the spark plugs. Great trucks. Love mine 2 death. And that's not a bad price. U should buy it ASAP. Lol.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
good priice for an 02 with 134k.

my 03 aniv has 195k on it. factory trans and engine. runs perfect and tows my cobra anywhere i want to take it.

these truck are tough and will last a long time if not modded too crazy.

Stoffer

I paid my buck-o-five
Established Member

that's a great deal unless it's rusted out...

chadw-s

Banned
155k on mine.. but its all about how it was maintained and driven... my motor popped at 142kthe but i was mean to it for 10 years... either way ... thats a good price given Clean tittle and no rust as stoffer aptly pointed out...

95rooster

3rd hand info passer
Established Member
This is the best time of year to buy. Sales are in the crapper for the stealerships. Low ball your butt off. I just bought 03 with 83500 on the body a bts trans, jlp motor, and a kenne bell. DEALS are out there big time right now. Thats a good price but the dealer can go lower this time of year.

KTTrucks

Premium Member
Established Member
Im pushing 237K miles on my 2000 HD Did the '02 Lightning swap at 113K and havent looked back. Timing chain is sloppy, but other than that rattle on startup it's still kickin butt! still gets about 14-16mpg depending on my right foot.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Mine just turned 90k yesterday on the way home. All stock with just a K&N drop in and a weld-in Magnaflow muffler.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Mine just rolled 52k after taking it home to Wa from Ca. An 06 at 52k, KBB has it at $20,xxx private party value. If it was at the normal expected mileage it would only be worth about $15k.

Users who are viewing this thread