How many cobras are wrecked or decommissioned?

Cobra Norway

Established Member
Hi all Cobros :cool:
There is a tread here urging people to state the stats of their cobras so as to make a kind of "where are they now" list and I've given my stats to the tread ;)
Since these SVT Cobras are limited editions for each year they were built, I'm wondering how many are left of them all.
Shit happens after all and there are numerous youtube vids where fine musclecars are totally wrecked, and I'm shure some of the cobras have had a tragic ending.
That said, the remaining cobras should increase in value if say that your Cobra is one of 4000 in the beginning and now is one of say 1800.
Is there any way to find out abt this? Have anyone kept track of those stats?
I'm abt 7 sec old in here, but still I must thank you all for the knowledge and wisdom y'all share so gladly :D

Cobraonr

Established Member
Welcome to the group. Great question. Still original owner of our 98 CY, blk lthr, 85K mi.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

hotcobra03

Established Member
Maybe 25% gone is my guess.
A lot of garage queens

I don’t think an increase in valve but an increase in rarity for SVT

Shelby may have a better chance with the name

Another 20 yrs maybe

Cobra Norway

Established Member
Maybe 25% gone is my guess.
A lot of garage queens

I don’t think an increase in valve but an increase in rarity for SVT

Shelby may have a better chance with the name

Another 20 yrs maybe
I agree on the Shelby name, however ,with only a hunch, there's a lot more Shelbys than Cobras.
I guess you have a lot more original musclecars over there beeing the country of origin and all that, but over here...IF you find an original, not replica, AC Cobra you must sell your soul to get it :D:D

nomoretickets

Established Member
Probably 25% have been totally lost to wrecks. Probably another 10% that are so neglected they might as well have been lost to wrecks. Most of the rest are somewhere between neglected and garage queen. Which is perfect in my mind. Makes for guilt free modding and driving as opposed to some of the guys out there with super collectible cars who tally up the depreciation per mile rate and then just leave em parked forever.

Users who are viewing this thread