How many 93's left? And keep 93 or trade for 03

fordmanforever

Venomous
Established Member
I am curious as to how many regular 1993 Cobra's are left. Does anyone have an idea? I ask for two reasons. One just out of pure curiosity. and two well I'll try and keep it short. basically I sold my 03 cobra a little while back and I do miss it. I came across a 1993 Cobra in Virginia that needed rescued that originally had a clean title. It's a 70k car with damage on the right side mostly door and fender front bumper cover is questionable. And some damage to the rocker. I bought it with a clean Virgina title and when I came here to Pa with it. I got a reconstructed back. I have been fighting with Harrisburg for the past month. I checked all vin stickers and they all match so I'm not sure what happened exactly but I have been working on it. Car is as solid as could be i can't even believe it. where I took off the ground effect on the damaged side to inspect rocker the ground effect brackets which are usually rusted are still yellow zinc colored if that is any indication to what I'm talking about. So I have a buddy of mine with a 03 Termi Vert with like 18k on it was a flood but has been completely tore down new dash and all and has put it almost together I'd say 80% complete together has all parts but the supercharger, lower intake, throttle body, intercooler and other little misc. He wants around 8k for it. I have about a little shy of 4k thus far in the 93. I think the 93 is a rarer car to start with I never see any. I also am planning on modifying and driving either one. I ultimately would like to have a high 10.90's to 11.20's daily driver that's special. Bottom line is I can't afford to modify both cars nor can I keep both. I have to many other things and kids to contend to to have it all sort of speak. So I need to make the call. I grew up on fox body's as I am in my late 30's now and don't know what to do. On a side note drivetrain on 93 is a 100% except for the clutch. the 03 well is torn down and one of the valve covers is off and has light corrosion where it has been uncovered. Also, it has not been run in at least 4 yrs. If anyone can offer any insight on how many estimated I guess 93 cobras are left or what your thoughts are on my dilemma let me know. Only current mods to the 1993 are full exhaust although I have stock exhaust and that's it. Thanks guys:??:

Last edited:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Myself, I would go with the 93. Flood damaged cars can come back with lots of issues 5-10 years down the road unless the entire electrical harness front/back is replaced. And those issues can be killer to trace down. My .02 cents worth.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Price on the '03 Cobra is decent, but a flood damaged title would be of no interest unless I intended to never sell the car. It would be very tough to sell down the road and you have to factor in the money you're going to have to put into it. And then mods. I would stick with the '93 Cobra, unless you really want a Terminator, have more limited funds, and are willing to risk the flood title. Funny, but the thread above is similar in that the OP was tossed between keeping his Terminator or buying a '93 Cobra. Don't know what he ever decided on.

1/4MILEMUSTANG

wish I was fast
Established Member
I owned a 93 and i own a 03 now and I wish I still had my 93 :cryying: but I prefer fox bodies over everything else.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Do you plan on using the car you buy as a daily driver? Or is it a second vehicle?

I would get the 03 if it's gonna be your daily driver because it's more streetable, comfortable, and because you won't have to worry as much about putting miles on it, or just subjecting it to the general wear and tear of everyday street duty.

If it were a second vehicle, hands down I'd get the 93 cobra. If course, I'd cruise it on the street, but I couldn't bear adding too many miles and creating too much wear and tear, like gravel dings in the front bumper, yellowed headlights, squeaks and rattles, rinkles/cracks in the leather seating surfaces, etc... The 93 is more fragile than the 03, partly because it's getting old, and partly because newer cars are built to last longer. Once you start getting squeaks and dash rattles from driving a fox every day on crappy roads, they'll just keep getting worse.

I'm not really trying to say that the 93 is any better or worse as a daily driver, but the 93 is much more important to protect from daily driver torture.

What I wouldn't give for a clean, low mileage, stock 93 cobra that drives like a brand new car. I'd be tempted to add a few tasteful mods here and there, but I'd probably keep it stock. You can get a 5.0 LX or GT if you want to mod it (or an 03 cobra for that matter). Maybe the only mod I would do to a low mileage, all original 93 cobra is mothball the original engine (complete from oil pan to upper intake) and maybe the transmission as well. Then, I'd drop in a little more potent combo such as a high compression 347 with aluminum heads and a mild cam. And I'd make it look as stock as possible, using oem valve covers, and a ported cobra upper intake that looks like the original. That way, I can have fun driving the car, but at the end of the day, I still have the original numbers matching engine that can be swapped back in with little fuss.

vfast

Established Member
sit back and think in 5 years you have a 03 ton of them around or you have a 1 year off cobra with less of them around every year

fordmanforever

Venomous
Established Member
Thread update. Well I'm still undecided on what to do but woman is giving me the foot in the but says I need to make a decision. Although yesterday I figured it out both cars would cost with in 2000.00 of each other to be finished and driving stock. Pretty much around 9k. Still don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread