How many 03 owners from Portland, OR or surroundings?

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Just curious how many of you folks are from Portland, OR or the surrounding areas?

If so, do you guys know a reputable mustang shop for doing the pulley swap and stuff?

Thanks

FlashSVT

Established Member
:coolman:

I've swapped 4 uppers on various Lightnings and I have the still have the tool.

We should meet up sometime for sure.

FlashSVT

Established Member
200 miles and bone stock . . . :p

I do have a Lightning upper pulley sitting on my work bench; just waiting for the 500 mile mark.

My Lightning was pretty modded. All the basic bolt-on mods except for exhaust. Good enough for 12.8 @ 108 MPH at Woodburn on stock tires.

There is a good group of Lightning guys up here. All, including myself, have been installing and modding cars for years. We should try to get together for a track day, before the rain comes.

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Damm! That's a pretty quick Lightning truck!

Let me know when you're going to swap pulley or do some mod... I'd like to see how you do it and maybe lend a hand if possible.

As much as I like these cars, I've never been down the 1/4-mile track before. I don't even know the rules. :shrug:

Let me know when you guys are heading down to Woodburn. I might just tag along to watch...

FlashSVT

Established Member
Sounds good. I also want to check out your hood mod.

I'm ordering the Magnaflow catback this week. This car is too quiet stock!

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
I'd sure like to hear the sound of that baby once you get the cat-back installed.

Where are you getting your MagnaFlows from? And how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking.

The hood blanket mod... I just cut off the flaps, trimmed the insulator (or blanket) and taped the edges with some duct tape and then went over it with the stapler just to make sure it doesn't come off and fall onto the belt drive somewhere. I don't know how much it actually helps the cooling, but it looks cool and seems to be more functional than stock.

2k3biz

TCB'n like a mad man
Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
Just curious how many of you folks are from Portland, OR or the surrounding areas?

If so, do you guys know a reputable mustang shop for doing the pulley swap and stuff?

Thanks
SWEET!!! another NW'er:beer: Welcome aboard the 400hp wonder train. Did you buy the black one at Thomason?? No mods here...I know, I'm working on it.

As far as shops are concerned there are a few, check out this link
Northwest shop links for all the references. I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with any of them so I really can't give an opinion... Sorry. :)

03rocks

Established Member
Well I'm not local to Portland but I'd say we're in the same part of the woods. I'm considering heading down to portland this weeknd to watch the Shelby club at PIR. Anybody interested in meetin up for some photo ops?

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
posted by 2k3biz...

SWEET!!! another NW'er Welcome aboard the 400hp wonder train. Did you buy the black one at Thomason?? No mods here...I know, I'm working on it.

Dude, this is "WBS Snake" from the Corral.net. I just changed my name when joining this forum... hehe... :)

Oh and thanks for the link to the shops. I've personally dealt with Vernon at Affordable Performance. Dude is knowledgeable and seems to be a good, honest guy, but I have a bad feeling that he's too busy all the time that he's just slapping things together to get the job done quickly. I had him work on my 98 Cobra a few years ago. He did an "ok" job, but didn't do any quality checks. I mean I came home and found a couple of loose bolts not torque down. That could of been dangerous!

2k3biz

TCB'n like a mad man
Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake

Dude, this is "WBS Snake" from the Corral.net. I just changed my name when joining this forum... hehe... :)

Oh and thanks for the link to the shops. I've personally dealt with Vernon at Affordable Performance. Dude is knowledgeable and seems to be a good, honest guy, but I have a bad feeling that he's too busy all the time that he's just slapping things together to get the job done quickly. I had him work on my 98 Cobra a few years ago. He did an "ok" job, but didn't do any quality checks. I mean I came home and found a couple of loose bolts not torque down. That could of been dangerous!

Ahhhh, WBS, how's it hanging. Glade you made it this way to the fourm.:coolman:

03BlackMamba

Established Member
Just was on the phone with Dane @ Brad's Custom Auto (Seattle's Little Old Lake City) this morning......They did the Pro 5.0 shifter and UPR Cold Air Intake Kit and NGK Tr-6 plugs for me a couple weeks ago. They had another black '03 Cobra Vert in for mods at the same time. They installed a pulley and chip on it the other day. I called to see how it went. Sounds like it is running a little lean and Diablo is going to burn another chip for him. I guess they (Diablo) didn't relize we only get 92 octane up this way? Brads also did some mods for me on my '97 Cobra. I like the fact that they specialize in Corvettes and Mustangs. Have you dyno'd the '03 and/or found a shop in the Northwest that can performance tune and chip the '03? I will not do the pulley mod until I find a performance tuner. I haven't seen one '03 on the road in the Seattle/Tacoma area yet.......... I just spent last week in Georgia and South Carolina and never saw one on the road...... My son plays for UW (soccer) and we will be going down your way October 6 (Sunday) for a game with Portland. It would be great if we could meet up or do some pic's, etc. That all depends on the weather though..... My mods todate include: Bassani X-Pipe w/cats, Bassani Cat Back, Pro 5.0 Shifter, UPR Cold Air Intake Kit and the copper plugs....Cobra oil cap, Cobra Air Valve caps, Cobra grille emblem, and Cobra keepers soccer Jersey with an awesome painted Cobra on the front..... I lay that on the passanger seatback once in a while...... Waiting on delivery of my Stainless Steel bumper letters.....and my son to come home and put them on.......hehehe.

WHAT A MEAN MACHINE.........

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread