how long to swap to C heads

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
How fast can this be done, me and a guy with lots of experience with motors, ford and chevy push-rod, 05 and up 3 valves from trucks as well as ford diesel engines. Has every tool you can imagine, and more. Can we realistically get it done in a weekend? The plan would be pull the motor on a Friday and fire her back up on a Monday.

The question isn't if we can do it but how fast. Car just had the rear-end rebuilt and some other goodies and I am debating racing it as is, or getting the the c-heads and intake I have sitting around installed.

I miss the car but I really want to get the old parts off, sell them and re-coup some of the cost of re-building the rear.

If we do get it done whats the extra parts I need, gaskets for the valve domes, new gaskets for the headers, what else am I missing. I have all the big parts for the C-Swap including converted fuel rails, heads, upper and lower intake, spacer for the upper, correct style throttle body, and throttle body cable. I don't have an cold air intatke or stock one though.

I am getting racing fever with this warm weather, but I hate having parts sitting around. Other option is to race for a month, stop for two weeks and change the combo so I have a baseline to work from.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
sounds good, I have to get the car emission tested first so I think I will do that, then turn around and do the swap. I don't want to run into an error that makes me miss the test otherwise they will pull my registration. That would be bad.

Users who are viewing this thread