How Long for System Monitor "Ready" Status to correct?

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
I have been Hardly Driving my cobra since moving to IL, partly because of the weather, and partly because of the Bank1/2 Lean codes I am getting. I am pretty sure It the typical PVC fitting under the blower/manifold, but I just have not made the time to pull it apart to correct. Since I don't really 'need' to drive this car, it has just not been a priority.

I now have to get my Registration updated and IL requires an emissions test. The codes only re-occur after driving for a few days and its not really that predictable (to me anyway).

So, Friday, I cleared the codes and drove over to the state emissions test station, and wasn't really that worried about it.

The car passesed the emissions test, but I got "regected" because their system showed the car as "Not Ready" for three System Monitors. Cat-Con EFF, Evap Control Sys, EGR Flow.

Does anyone know if there is a time, or # start/stop sequesnces needed for these Monitors to show "Ready"?

I really don't have time to pull this apart right now, and need to get my tag updated by end of month, or I get a late penalty, plus grief from the wife.

:(

Users who are viewing this thread