How long did it take you to learn how to tune?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
unless you very passionate about tuning your car- 650 bux for a complete tune is a steal. through Don SCT PRP is almost 400 with the DVD. a handheld to put the tune in the car is another 380, then all the time you will spend figuring things out. I love tuning my own ride but I also wish the bitch was done.

Turbostang91

Established Member
Im in the same looking into which books to buy to learn tunning and leaning to buy from lasota. Also saw the software price for mustangs is $2,500 for all ford gas and diesel is $10,000 so cry about tunning pricing.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Take in as much information as your can. You will learn new things all the time.

Chris

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
Just ordered both of Greg Banish's books off amazon, can't wait to tear into them!! I say buy the books regardless, that way you get a grasp of whats involved and you have learned eons more in the process before dropping cash on personal software or paying a tuner to do the work.

Turbostang91

Established Member
I bought my books from amazon yesterday. Hopefully by the end of the month buy the package from lasota pro racer with cd and book also

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I read both of Greg Banish' books and they a really good, just an FYI "Engine Management Advanced Tuning" focuses more on mass-flow cars ( most Fords ) where as "High Performance Fuel Injection Systems" focuses more on speed-density systems ( most GM & Chrysler ). Both are really good books on tuning though and you'll learn a lot from them as they reinforce each other.

A third book about general fuel injection design and function is:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Performance-Fuel-Injection-Systems-HP1557/dp/1557885575/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1331358295&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Performance Fuel Injection Systems HP1557: How to Design, Build, Modify, and Tune EFI and ECU Systems.Covers Components, Sensors, Fuel and Ignition ... Tips, Aftermarket ECUs, and EFI Convers (9781557885579): Matt Cramer, Jerry Hoffmann: [/ame]

If you're not already a guru on how FI functions this is a really good book to start w/ before getting off into the tuning part.

Users who are viewing this thread