How I make 650 whp reliably for under $3000

Luviathan_5.0

Established Member
my lord.

'Easy way to make horsepower! Buy a nitrous kit, and install and tune it yourself!'

Yaaaaaaawn.

What about guys that don't have 20+ hours to install shit on their car?
It's around a 4-6 hour install, but if you're too lazy your can always get someone else to do it

Zemedici

Established Member
It's around a 4-6 hour install, but if you're too lazy your can always get someone else to do it

I would love to see a complete nitrous kit that was installed in 4 hours.

Guess we have different definitions of the term ‘install’

Noticed you didn’t show any completed installation pictures. Huh....

Eh who cares we’ll see you in another 3 months. Keep that thing together there, Spilner.

DarkMach1

Established Member

There’s no consensus on having to spend 10k on a boosted stang. You throw supporting mods towards the boosted car but not towards your car. You add labor to boosted car but “choose” to do your stuff yourself. You assume you’re at 600whp or 650whp. You assume a 200shot is more reliable than 9-10psi of boost.

stang910

Established Member
I like nitrous, but no way is it cheaper than any other FI. Nitrous guys always leave out the cost of filling the bottle when talking about cost. A better title for your thread would be "How I made 600 rwhp for under $3000...ONCE"

Dusten

Established Member
This has to be the same guy...

6261e00bfafe4b01178e0674f4e0b5c8.jpg

Luviathan_5.0

Established Member
There’s no consensus on having to spend 10k on a boosted stang. You throw supporting mods towards the boosted car but not towards your car. You add labor to boosted car but “choose” to do your stuff yourself. You assume you’re at 600whp or 650whp. You assume a 200shot is more reliable than 9-10psi of boost.

You clearly didn't read the post. If you had you would've noted that I clearly stated that a 150 shot is no more dangerous. I also stated that anything more than a 150, especially with stock pistons & rings is like playing russian roulette. I also included the supporting mods necessary for my application, and I didn't assume anything. The car dynoed that output. As far as the installation goes, I did the installation myself as do most others running spray because it doesn't take as long, nor is it as complicated, as installing a turbo, or S/C kit.

Last edited:

Luviathan_5.0

Established Member
I like nitrous, but no way is it cheaper than any other FI. Nitrous guys always leave out the cost of filling the bottle when talking about cost. A better title for your thread would be "How I made 600 rwhp for under $3000...ONCE"

I've been running the same setup for 9 months now. I haven't thrown a code or run into any issues to-date. A 10 lb. tank will last 2-4 weeks because I've found it much easier to get a race N/A as most cars in my area seem to be in the 400-500 hp range, however I do run into an arrogant asshole w/ a Z06 on occasion that needs to be knocked off their high-horse so it's nice to have the spray as insurance. The point of the post was to inform others who are working on a budget that there's a safe alternative that will allow them to stay competitive until such time that they're able to boost their cars. It just requires responsibility of the end user. I fully intend to boost my car in the near future, and I'm in the process of saving the monies required to upgrade the necessary drive-train components such as transmission, half-shafts, etc.

FJohnny

Established Member
Nice looking car. Glad you're having fun wit it. Seems to be working for you.

My foot goes straight to the floor on every freeway on ramp, most off ramps and a few places in between. Not sure nitrous would be a good fit.

Also, it would probably just feel too weird to open the hood and not see a blower. Not sure how anyone would ever get used to that or even why they should have to. Doesn't spending $3000 on stuff that is not FI just make it take longer to fix that unpleasant situation?

Nice writeup. Impressively detailed and long.

DarkMach1

Established Member
You clearly didn't read the post. If you had you would've noted that I clearly stated that a 150 shot is no more dangerous. I also stated that anything more than a 150, especially with stock pistons & rings is like playing russian roulette. I also included the supporting mods necessary for my application, and I didn't assume anything. The car dynoed that output. As far as the installation goes, I did the installation myself as do most others running spray because it doesn't take as long, nor is it as complicated, as installing a turbo, or S/C kit.

And yet I see no dyno video or sheet
or track passes to support these claims.

Mr.Window

Woodward ave Hellcat killer
Established Member
Nitrous?? Sorry im not trying to pop all the bolts out the passenger floorpan and have it fly out onto the street!
You're lucky that 100 shot of nos didn't blow the welds on your intake!

Users who are viewing this thread