How I handle irritating phone calls

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
so there is a new one going around ... some bullshit about chronic backpain ... it goes something like this ...

robot: this is a call about chronic back pain if you have chronic back pain and would like informaion on how to solve it press 1 .. or press 2 to be placed on our do not call list.
Me: Pressing one
Robot: please hold for the next available operator
Me: sweet .. music plays in the background
1st available operator: hello this is not a sales call, this is for those with chronic pain (more BS) Do you or someone in your household suffer from chronic pain?
Me: yes ..we do .. it gets bad
Her: well where is this pain experienced and how long does it last ..
Me: It is usually in my balls .. and ends when I get a good blow job
Her: (click).

I have found it can be quite entertaining turning these kind of idiot calls into reverse obscene phone calls.

SVTCam

Established Member
I normally just pull the Seinfeld skit and say its not a good time, ask for their phone number and call them back later. They always hang right up.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I like to sit in silence and breathe heavily into the phone.

Or if I really feel like playing along I will begin wasting as much time as possible. I ask how their day is, the weather, and then I go off on a random story until they hang up.

It's great.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
My best one was my last one about a month ago.

Sales caller: Hello, may I speak to the owner of the business?

Me: No, but you can talk to me. *Hearing low flying helicopter outside I go to look at it*

Caller: Well sir, when can I speak to the owner?

Me: Never man, I told you you can only talk to me. I handle everything around her so what do you want? *A low flying all black MD 500E of all things is now directly overhead about 80ft above and I have no idea why. Im just standing outside looking up at it*

Caller: Well sir, I am calling about....

Me: HEY MAN, I CAN BARELY HEAR YOU. MY HELICOPTER IS ABOUT TO LAND AND I HAVE TO GO! I REALLY HAVE TO GO... I HAVE A MEETING TO GET TO.

Caller: Well sir this is really important that I speak...

Me: LIKE I SAID MAN I REALLY CANT HEAR YOU CAUSE I HAVE TO GET ON MY HELICOPTER RIGHT NOW. CAN'T YOU HEAR IT?... ITS LANDING RIGHT NOW. I'LL TALK TO YOU LATER BUDDY, I HAVE TO GO *Click*

The helicopter was just looking for the small airport that is two blocks away from our shop. He just took a slow approach and hovered over the area until he reached the airport.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
On my cell I don’t answer but reply with the following text
Location verified. Agent Smith enroute.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CV355

_
Established Member
Around '09/'10, I would ask if I could put them on hold, then transfer the call to my Skype number with Manycam. I'd set some music up like Richard Cheese or something and never pick back up. That's called the Kevorkian method.

Option 2 is pretending to be interested, getting a number to call back, and then spamming the absolute crap out of it with an SMS bomber. That doesn't work anymore since so many of those calls are spoofed and don't accept incoming calls/data.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like to sit in silence and breathe heavily into the phone.

Or if I really feel like playing along I will begin wasting as much time as possible. I ask how their day is, the weather, and then I go off on a random story until they hang up.

It's great.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I've done that before. LOL.

My first line of defense was when we removed our land line. Our only number now is our cell phones. So when I get these telemarketing calls on my cell phone I either ignore/block or if I'm really pissed, I'll answer, say hello, wait for the person to pick up from the robo-call, and when he/she starts to talk I'll say "hello" "hello" "hello" "hello" "hello" "hello" until they get so pissed that they hang up. And then I block the number on my iPhone. LOL.

jrandy

Established Member
The only problem with blocking the spam caller's number is that it's often a spoofed number. So not only are you not preventing them from calling you again, but you are adding some random persons number to your blocked call list, which is feeding bad data to the AI programs that auto block calls at a carrier level.

With that said, I like to answer, pretend I'm interested for 3 seconds, then tell them I need to place them on hold to grab something real quick. The best thing that you can do is waste their time so they can't call as many people.

This is a really funny watch that addresses spam emails, but it's the same concept:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The only problem with blocking the spam caller's number is that it's often a spoofed number. So not only are you not preventing them from calling you again, but you are adding some random persons number to your blocked call list, which is feeding bad data to the AI programs that auto block calls at a carrier level.

With that said, I like to answer, pretend I'm interested for 3 seconds, then tell them I need to place them on hold to grab something real quick. The best thing that you can do is waste their time so they can't call as many people.

This is a really funny watch that addresses spam emails, but it's the same concept:

Also just say hello once.any times the system from spam activates on your second hello.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
the Boiler Room scene is great

I just hit the f you button then block the number

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
so there is a new one going around ... some bullshit about chronic backpain ... it goes something like this ...

robot: this is a call about chronic back pain if you have chronic back pain and would like informaion on how to solve it press 1 .. or press 2 to be placed on our do not call list.
Me: Pressing one
Robot: please hold for the next available operator
Me: sweet .. music plays in the background
1st available operator: hello this is not a sales call, this is for those with chronic pain (more BS) Do you or someone in your household suffer from chronic pain?
Me: yes ..we do .. it gets bad
Her: well where is this pain experienced and how long does it last ..
Me: It is usually in my balls .. and ends when I get a good blow job
Her: (click).

I have found it can be quite entertaining turning these kind of idiot calls into reverse obscene phone calls.

LMAO! This was good.....

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
i don't understand why you people just don't answer the phone. If I don't know the number I don't answer. If its important then they will leave a message.

Users who are viewing this thread