How hard is it to install the 13-14pedal assembly in a 07GT500

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
In the process of replacing my clutch in my 07 GT500. Its just way to much pedal effort and throw in my bone on bone left knee I have to make a change.

I have given several options but the best for me so far is the 2010-2012 GT500 clutch and flywheel and supportive equipment. Pedal effort is night and day difference from what I have been told. I will also do the FRPP metal hydraulic line and replace the plastic one.

Was also told about the 13-14 pedal assembly with the assist spring might be a further option.

But I cant find any write ups of it being done ... ie taking a 13-14 pedal assembly and putting it in a 07 GT500

Does anyone have any insights or suggestions

Thanks !!

don

Saleenrose

Established Member
I would just do the Mcleod clutch, rst or rxt depending on driving abuse. This alone will make a big difference. The stock clutch gets harder to push the older and more worn it is.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Not sure why you want to change the pedal assembly. Just do the complete 2010+ clutch/flywheel, slave.

SSGMcIlwain

Don't do it for a couple of reasons. One, the orientation of assist spring in relation to the pedal causes a pendulum effect, where there is more effort required until you reach midpoint and then it becomes less as you fully engage. It is awkward and feedback is numbed. A lot of 13-14 owners have removed the assist spring for this reason (also because it contributes to the master slave cylinder's plastic lolipop exploding and eliminating the pedal's connection go the clutch.).

Next, though they spent a ton of time R&Ding the new assembly, the structural supports are still just made out of plastic and are common failure points. Add in the assist spring which applies force on the clutch master's weakest point, and eventually you'll either break the master cylinder, the pedal assembly (which mounts the master cylinder), or both.

I was lucky enough to do both, only a couple of weeks apart. Pedal assembly is only 6 screws and a clevis pin (bleeding and removing master cylinder also required but isn't difficult). The problem is access. I had to remove my driver's seat and even then I could only get one hand up inside at a time. If you drop something, it will roll under you.

Oh, and while down there try not to swallow any brake fluid. Apparently, it is bad for you!

The 2010 clutch upgrade on my 2007 was the best GT500 clutch I've driven. My stock '14 is almost last, but that position is held by my 07 stock clutch that chattered, locked you out of everything, and failed at 11k miles due to rust (TSB for early 07 due to metallic compound cutches not being lubricated during assembly).

Im surprised there aren't any third party options for clutch assistance.

Imatk

Established Member
I would highly suggest a 13/14 clutch.

I also have knee issues and it's an extremely light clutch to drive compared to a stock '07

I would not recommend an McLeod, in my quest for a lighter clutch I went with that one first and it's a terrible clutch... from my experience.

Chatters, rattles... just awful.

Plus the 13/14 clutch is cheaper :)

You will need to get a new flywheel and slave for the 13/14

Users who are viewing this thread