how hard could i push this thing

flip_86

Established Member
i recently came across a 2001 crown vic police interceptor, its been converted back to a regular crown vic as far interior/exterior, but its been converted to a 5 speed manual. I was just wondering what your opinions are on how long a stock (internal) 4.6l will hold together. From what i've read on here they don't last much longer after 400whp.
thanks

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
what do you mean converted "back" to a regular crown vic... Either its a P71 or its not... Putting the interior out of a civilian car doesn't bring it "back" to anything, its an alteration...

The 4.6 2V is the same engine in a mustang GT, so look there.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
i recently came across a 2001 crown vic police interceptor, its been converted back to a regular crown vic as far interior/exterior, but its been converted to a 5 speed manual. I was just wondering what your opinions are on how long a stock (internal) 4.6l will hold together. From what i've read on here they don't last much longer after 400whp.
thanks

Don't know how you plan to get 400whp out of an '01 CV...:shrug:

But, you can push that car hard...'cause there are 10s of 1,ooos of them painted yellow and pulling livery service way past 350-400K...if THAT'S what you mean by "pushing".

flip_86

Established Member
i guess i wasn't specific enough, i wanted to know if this engine would support 7 or 8 pounds of boost and maybe a little spray. seems I've come to the wrong forum.

Users who are viewing this thread