how far will GT pumps get me

quicksilverdc

VOODO DC
Established Member

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
That kit with the stock fuel hat might get you 600-650 at best on E85.

In order to get Twin GT Pumps to be capable of supporting 700 RWHP on E85 you MUST use the following:

1) Fore Fuel Hat
2) Dual FPDM's
3) 40 AMP BAP set @ 50
4) -8 Fuel line
5) Wiring upgraded to BAP and Fuel Pumps.
6) Proper Tune with elevated fuel pressure. (50 psi minimum)

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
That kit should get you there. I would swap the hat for a triple though and add a third pump hooked to a Hobbs switch.

word is FORE went out of business :nonono:, what will we do now without their parts :??:
Where did you hear that? :??:

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Inquiring minds want to do...X2 on where did you hear Fore was going out of business? I tried calling their number, but their mailbox was full and noone answered this morning.

Confirmed in another thread in Terminator Forums by Justin. Very sad...luckily I just called Lethal and they still had a triple return hat.

Last edited:

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
I did mine with a stock hat but I welded 3/8" stainless tubes feeding the fuel from the pumps outside the hat to two -8 AN fittings and from there went to a y fitting to -10, then to the filter and all the way to the fuel rails. I welded a -10AN fitting to the stock fuel rails. I also have twin GT pumps, with the lethal wiring upgrade and dual FPDMs and the BAP. I have 12ga wire directly to each pump now. I'm hoping for at least 650whp capability on e85.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
That kit should get you there. I would swap the hat for a triple though and add a third pump hooked to a Hobbs switch.

Where did you hear that? :??:

There is a thread on the Terminator section. I sent them an email 3 weeks ago about some parts, and they never answered back. A lot of people have tried calling/emailing them and no luck either. Finally someone (cant remember who) said they werent in business anymore, which would really suck for us. Hopefully they can bounce back and keep making great parts for our cars :rockon:

greengt88

Established Member
yep they are officially out of business. check out glenn's performance for return system to fit the bill for your needs, or call lethal and see what they recommend instead. They should start reproducing the fore stuff in next month or so, i'm positive either place wont let you down!!

runsonboost

Established Member
i am running a stock unmodified hat with -8 feed line and dual gt pumps, bap at 50 and modded fpdm, my car ran out of fuel at 5300rpm making 602 rwhp. im going to work on modifiying my spare stock hat and rewire my pumps and see how much more i can get out of it.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
I ordered one from Lethal y'day morning, but they later called me back and told me they have no more return triple hat's unfortunately so they refunded my money. I later found one at blowbyracing thankfully, but they did not have the pump upgrade for a 3rd pump...so I called lethal back and ordered one of those with 3 -6 fittings and 1 -8 :)

Last edited:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
i am running a stock unmodified hat with -8 feed line and dual gt pumps, bap at 50 and modded fpdm, my car ran out of fuel at 5300rpm making 602 rwhp. im going to work on modifiying my spare stock hat and rewire my pumps and see how much more i can get out of it.

u need dual fpdms, and probably a hat. I'd do the fpdm for starters.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Well, I had twin GT pumps and was very disspointed. I didn't have any FPDM's to deal with or anything so this was just straight 13 volts of juice. They started runing out of fuel at 525rwhp. I then upgraded to the Fore triple hat.

So that pretty much put to rest all of the high flowing numbers floating around out there. Fore also confirmed that they flow considerably less than a Walbro. Just FYI.

quicksilverdc

VOODO DC
Established Member
hey guys just got my car tuned on e85 at RET in Downey CA, here are my results the car was on 20psi with 20 degrees of timing with my duty cycle at 75% it made 660hp and 614tq. i was really thinking i was going to be close to 700hp but after I drove it and felt it pull i was very happy with it. want to give a big thanks to Greg and his staff at RET...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXww8wNe46U"]‪E85 Whippled Cobra‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
hey guys just got my car tuned on e85 at RET in Downey CA, here are my results the car was on 20psi with 20 degrees of timing with my duty cycle at 75% it made 660hp and 614tq. i was really thinking i was going to be close to 700hp but after I drove it and felt it pull i was very happy with it. want to give a big thanks to Greg and his staff at RET...

‪E85 Whippled Cobra‬‏ - YouTube

Good numbers man! So did you end up getting the fore hat? Whats your complete fuel setup? 75% fpdc that means the pumps are good for atleast 700rwhp?

Here is mine:
Dual GT Pumps
40amp BAP
8an line upgrade
80lb injectors
Dual FPDMs

I am hoping to make 700rwhp on e85 on my 2.8H kenne bell, hopefully the fuel pumps won't run out of steam.

Evil_GT

KB-E85
Established Member
Good numbers man! So did you end up getting the fore hat? Whats your complete fuel setup? 75% fpdc that means the pumps are good for atleast 700rwhp?

Here is mine:
Dual GT Pumps
40amp BAP
8an line upgrade
80lb injectors
Dual FPDMs

I am hoping to make 700rwhp on e85 on my 2.8H kenne bell, hopefully the fuel pumps won't run out of steam.

Didnt you have a 2.6? When did you upgrade to a 2.8?

Users who are viewing this thread