How far are you traveling to Mustang Week?

Av3ng3d

Established Member
Just wondering how many of you are making a long trip to Mustang Week in your Mustang.
Also wondering if anyone will be doing any precautionary maintenance beforehand.

850 mile / 14 hour trip for me. As it is looking right now I will be driving my 98 Cobra down there since it's not very feasible to rent a truck and trailer for a week. ($600 + $250 for a trailer, not including any tolls along the way)
My Cobra with 113k miles hasn't given me any reason to believe it won't make the trip reliably, but I do feel uneasy about driving a 15 year old car such a distance. I'm probably so nervous because I come from the DSM world where you have to worry about breaking down driving a mile down the street to the market lol.

Anyone else rolling the dice with this trip?

Last edited:

Det_riot

Established Member
Detroit Michigan. 13 hours. Not positive on miles. Driving my 94. I'll change oil, coolant, and maybe power steering then winging it

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
well depends on how you look at it. I am bringing my Fox up from Columbus GA to Greensboro NC where I am staying because of my job week from today. Then I will be traveling to Mustang Week from Greensboro NC the week of the show on Thurs after work so I can do the car show and cruise.

The Snake

attachment.php

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just wondering how many of you are making a long trip to Mustang Week in your Mustang.
Also wondering if anyone will be doing any precautionary maintenance beforehand.

850 mile / 14 hour trip for me. As it is looking right now I will be driving my 98 Cobra down there since it's not very feasible to rent a truck and trailer for a week. ($600 + $250 for a trailer, not including any tolls along the way)
My Cobra with 113k miles hasn't given me any reason to believe it won't make the trip reliably, but I do feel uneasy about driving a 15 year old car such a distance. I'm probably so nervous because I come from the DSM world where you have to worry about breaking down driving a mile down the street to the market lol.

Anyone else rolling the dice with this trip?

You should be fine man. What day you heading down? Our convoy is leaving Friday to head down. I do normal maint. before we leave.

Not very far.

Ya ya rub it in haha

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
166 miles (3.5 hrs w/ no stops). I normally stop a time or two to stretch, etc.

You guys with longer trips are the true warriors! Take photos along your ride. Getting there and back is all part of the experience!

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
:-D
166 miles (3.5 hrs w/ no stops). I normally stop a time or two to stretch, etc.

You guys with longer trips are the true warriors! Take photos along your ride. Getting there and back is all part of the experience!

Only time we stop is for gas. Straight through drive, gets pretty brutal at times, especially when your the only one driving.

Av3ng3d

Established Member
You should be fine man. What day you heading down? Our convoy is leaving Friday to head down. I do normal maint. before we leave.
What time Friday are you leaving? We are leaving Friday or Saturday but if it's Friday it will have to be night time. We haven't decided on that yet, but it sure would be better to cruise down there with a few more Mustangs rather than just 4. :thumbsup:

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What time Friday are you leaving? We are leaving Friday or Saturday but if it's Friday it will have to be night time. We haven't decided on that yet, but it sure would be better to cruise down there with a few more Mustangs rather than just 4. :thumbsup:

I think around 4pm Friday. I may or may not be going down with the others at the same time, unsure if the wife can get our early or not.

Av3ng3d

Established Member
Yeah unfortunately that would be a little early for me also. I don't get out of work until 5pm and I'm taking the entire following week paid vacation to go to MW so leaving work early Friday probably wouldn't fly over too well with the boss lol. As of right now we have four of us heading down together. 90 Notch, 68 Coupe, 2011 Shelby, myself, and another guy with a 98 Cobra is on the fence, so that's potentially five.
Still working on the details on when exactly we are heading down, and also hotel arrangements.

jas11151990

Established Member
Well I was slightly speeding, one pit stop for gas quick and right back on the road with no traffic :rolling:

poof100

Established Member
I'll be heading down with my family from the N Va area. I believe its around 500 miles or so and 7-8 hours. I will have my Boss 302 and my wife and kids will be in the family Flex mobile. We are heading down early Sat morning as we have a house for the week.

Users who are viewing this thread