How does the auto perform with a sc'er??

chancejat

Established Member
how have you guys automatic 5.0's been doing while running a supercharger at say..... 600ish WHP?? any slipping or sticking in gears...etc? im thinking of trading my 12' 6spd mt on a 13' auto then throwing a procharger on it with some bolt ons.....just want to see how everything is holding up for you guys so far...

kingnut

Established Member
because the A6 isn't a POS like the M6 CAN be.

meme.jpg

grabber blue gt

Established Member
LMFAO^^^^

But to OP, the auto handles big power better than the M6. Chris Cruz from Evolution has his car running 9's in the 1/4 miles and I believe they have it up to 1000rwhp on the bone stock auto tranny. Only thing they added was a converter but theyre are plenty of cars running high high hp on the stock Auto

chancejat

Established Member
I want the auto for consistency....but my 6spd has been good to me....I just know it'll be a better dd with so much power in an auto vs stick....

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Or don't take the trade in hit you will get upgrading to a 13 and buy the new tremec 6 speed magnum kit from jpc they can do the whole tranny and clutch kit for 5k or less depending on your clutch choice. Trust me the magnum tranny is an absolute beast! I had that in my fox body and it shifted so smooth and was very strong!

alex12gt

Established Member
i had problems with my 11 6mt and after some stuff was all said and done i now have a 12 6mt and havnt had any issues i just couldnt bring myself to have an auto....even though my 11 went through 1 rebuild and 2 new trannys

ig i got lucky but i did look at a 13 at my local dealer and they are pretty sweet i just wish they would have paddles over the buttons in the auto

Users who are viewing this thread