How do you remove the springs?

Cobrakai04

Established Member
Got some aftermarket Springs but have never worked with an IRS system before. Is there some kind of write up on each step to remove the springs? Will I need a spring compressor? Sorry for the noob question, just dont want to damage the car or hurt myself.

SpectorV

Established Member
I was also worried about removing the rear irs springs, its pretty darn easy. You remove the shocks and the back to IRS bolts on the frame, might have to undo the brake lines, then tilt the IRS backwars adn the springs fall out

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I was also worried about removing the rear irs springs, its pretty darn easy. You remove the shocks and the back to IRS bolts on the frame, might have to undo the brake lines, then tilt the IRS backwars adn the springs fall out
You might want to drop your catback first:lol::lol::lol:
No need to mess with the brake lines,Just remove the lower shock and IRS bolts and lower the IRS abd the springs will fall out. Ive done it many times. The fronts are more of a PITA than the fronts but still pretty simple just time consuming.
IMG_3462.jpg

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
You might want to drop your catback first:lol::lol::lol:
No need to mess with the brake lines,Just remove the lower shock and IRS bolts and lower the IRS abd the springs will fall out. Ive done it many times. The fronts are more of a PITA than the fronts but still pretty simple just time consuming.
IMG_3462.jpg

I have removed mine twice, and neither time did I remove the catback.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I just yanked on the bottom of mine before they came out. Caught my finger on it, so I'm not advocating it as the safe way here, but it worked for me. After you cut them, they fall right back into place, though.

Users who are viewing this thread