How do you install H&R's on a IRS?

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
i have a solid axle but i though id post up my pics of before and after and a few install pics of the front. i installed the H&R race springs

1291585014.jpg

1291583980.jpg

1291583982.jpg

1291583984.jpg

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Did you install with or without the spring isolators?

I did it with the isolators. After I drove it 2-3 miles it dropped another 1/4 to 1/2 an inch.

I may remove the isolators later to see how it looks. It was an easy install. Did both sides in about 45 mins in my garage. But I should also mention I have a 60 gal air compressor and plenty of tools to do any job right and fast.

pkarol1

Established Member
my car had h&r race springs when i bought, but recently took both front and rear springs out to take out the iso's. not too hard, only problem i had was i couldn't loosen up my irs bolts by hand or with my weak battery impact gun lol. took the car to my work (ford) and we got them out with an air gun with no problems

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
my car had h&r race springs when i bought, but recently took both front and rear springs out to take out the iso's. not too hard, only problem i had was i couldn't loosen up my irs bolts by hand or with my weak battery impact gun lol. took the car to my work (ford) and we got them out with an air gun with no problems

pics of the car with out the isolators please

pkarol1

Established Member
Did you notice any increase in NVH after revmoving the isolators?
the ride quality isn't too bad. it feels a little different, not sure if maybe i actually like it better now. as far as noise goes, you hear it going over road inperfections, but it's not as horrible as everyone makes it sound like... nothing a loud exhaust can't fix ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread