How Do You Brew Your Coffee?

What method do you use to brew your coffee?

• Keurig Type Pods

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • French Press (Steeping)

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Drip/Pour Over

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • AeroPress

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Instant Coffee

• Percolater

• Other

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Travis' thread that asked the question "how do you buy your coffee" got me thinking about "how do you brew your coffee", and why you use that method/brewer. There are quite a few options out there. Also, mention the equipment you use and why. This poll is especially interesting to me because I'm going to need to replace my drip brewer soon. The water doesn't seem to be as hot as when it was new. It's about 4 years old. I'm thinking about buying a Hario V60 Drip Coffee Decanter. I'm looking to get the best taste from my fresh grind beans.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Good ol' fashion drip machine. I will say a pour over is nice on the weekends if you have more time.

K cup's are what we have at work and the acidity/bitterness of them is tough sometimes.

rborden

Established Member
By flushing it down the toilet and then spraying Fresh Breeze air freshener everywhere.

The smell of coffee is nauseating to me and the taste is worse.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I have choices, Keurig, french press, or I use my espresso machine. Just depends on what I have a taste for or how much time I have.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Anyone use a pour over/drip maker like this one? It's on my list. I'm seeing a lot of comments about how the resulting cup of coffee is much more rich to the taste.

71G6X3Ek-VS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

VegasMichael

Established Member
I'm still using the old Mr. Coffee machine. In a way I guess you can say it's a pour over since the water falls onto the grounds and then into the decanter.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive got an old Cuisinart drip machine that's been cranking for almost 10 years.

Pack her full of Folgers (lol) at night, auto starts at 0545 every a.m.

Mmmmmmmm

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Anyone use a pour over/drip maker like this one? It's on my list. I'm seeing a lot of comments about how the resulting cup of coffee is much more rich to the taste.

You are correct Bob and have done the tests. I have a 4 in 1 cheap Black and Decker coffee machine that allows me to do pour overs. I got into pour overs because of my friends coffee shops here in NJ that only do pour overs with their coffee. I don't use the machine anymore just the cup with the filter and do the pour over directly into my drinking cup. Quite simple....see the attached pic below and these are the pour over stations at one of my friends coffee shops.

Most do not care and would not see the difference but with a quality coffee and bean there is a difference with the pour over. Right now I do coffee from Brazil(Legender) that is a medium roast and Sidamo which is a light/medium roast from Ethiopia. Learned more about coffee than I wanted to the last few years. Now I am a full fledged addict and was never before.

Attachments

• 316089176_678000370368965_8510983430164259005_n.jpg
    316089176_678000370368965_8510983430164259005_n.jpg
    703.2 KB · Views: 51

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty much everything I need in a coffee maker. Even has a "frother" to make fu-fu drinks.

Pike Place is the best tasting, best caffine hit coffee I've ever had. Compared to a lot of brands and such; Death Wish etc.

Everyone who has tried Pike Place around me ends up drinking it on a regular basis.

And to people still drinking cardboard flavored Folgers? C'mon

20230313_133515.jpeg
20230313_133615.jpeg

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

Yep. I have the double insulated one. Works good. Only use it on the weekends since I do a timer setup on my normal coffee machine

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
DeLongie espresso maker.
Unadulterated double espresso (Starbucks French roast) every morning before I leave for work, 0515

Two doubles on my days off.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have my coffee maker set to 4:15 in the morning and when I get up five minutes later, I have a nice cup of Dunkin Donuts medium roast waiting for me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You are correct Bob and have done the tests. I have a 4 in 1 cheap Black and Decker coffee machine that allows me to do pour overs. I got into pour overs because of my friends coffee shops here in NJ that only do pour overs with their coffee. I don't use the machine anymore just the cup with the filter and do the pour over directly into my drinking cup. Quite simple....see the attached pic below and these are the pour over stations at one of my friends coffee shops.

Most do not care and would not see the difference but with a quality coffee and bean there is a difference with the pour over. Right now I do coffee from Brazil(Legender) that is a medium roast and Sidamo which is a light/medium roast from Ethiopia. Learned more about coffee than I wanted to the last few years. Now I am a full fledged addict and was never before.
Thanks for the comments. One of the reasons why I like a pour over is that you can boil the water and pour at the optimum temperature. That ability to set the water temperature to exactly what you want is key. Most coffee makers (drip) IMO don't pour a hot enough water.

Yep. I have the double insulated one. Works good. Only use it on the weekends since I do a timer setup on my normal coffee machine
I was looking at the double insulated one but I really want to do one cup at a time, so the glass one works fine. How long does the remaining coffee stay (truly) hot in your double insulated carafe?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I like my coffee lazy. Kirkland Breakfast Blend K cups, 2-3 per morning every day

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I was looking at the double insulated one but I really want to do one cup at a time, so the glass one works fine. How long does the remaining coffee stay (truly) hot in your double insulated carafe?

Hot as the freaking sun forever. It does not cool off very quickly. Kind of impressive tbh

Users who are viewing this thread