How do I pass inspection?

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
Here in Texas on any cars 01+, you get 1 not ready on your OBD2 test for inspection.

I recently picked up an 06 GT with an offroad prochamber. It has no check engine lights, so I assumed it had a tune to take care of emissions. I went today and tried. I got two not ready codes. The sheet says...

o2 Sens : Not Ready
o2 Sens Htr: Not Ready

Those were my only two. Now I know that people with offroad exhaust have passed but I don't know what to do here. I ordered tunes from AM specifying offroad exhaust, do you think this will be enough to get me to pass? Is there a difference between turning off the rear o2s and "deleting" them? Any help would be appreciated. I have 10 days to get it back and pass.

LS2GTO

Established Member
You need to get a tune. And yes there is a difference between turning the codes off and deleting them properly.

One way just hides the light from popping up but leaves the readiness status "not ready" which is the case in your current tune. The better way hides the code but also fools the readiness status into being "ready" thus allowing you to pass that portion of the inspection.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
This is what I have done the last few years, but I don't know if it applies to your situation.

I would get my dealership buddy to clear the codes and hook his scanner up to monitor the four tests it has to run. I would drive around until all but one clears then go back and put it on the machine.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
This is what I have done the last few years, but I don't know if it applies to your situation.

I would get my dealership buddy to clear the codes and hook his scanner up to monitor the four tests it has to run. I would drive around until all but one clears then go back and put it on the machine.

Ya, this. I have a buddy who has an 06 GT with an off road Prochamber. He disconnected the battery, drove around for 20 miles, took the car in for inspection and it passed. Of course this was Wisconsin, idk if it's the same as in Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread