How do I log Boost with SCT?

KEVINS

Established Member
I'm getting my SCT tuner back from being updated and now I want to be able to log boost. Can someone tell me how to set up SCT Live Link to log boost? The alchy kit I have has a MAP sensor but I'm not sure what wire connections or ?? is needed to log boost.

thnx
ks

01yellercobra

Established Member
You'll need another sensor. I think it's a GM MAP sensor. You have to connect it to the analogue input.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Analog input to where?

ks

depends on which SCT unit you have but if you look theres a spot for another cable on it, either a round port or a rectangular one (fire wire). You have to buy the cable, cut one end off and splice the analog output wire from the sensor (assuming there is one) to the input wire you just cut the end off of. The SCT instructions tell you which pin(s) to hook into in that cable to log analog inputs

KEVINS

Established Member
depends on which SCT unit you have but if you look theres a spot for another cable on it, either a round port or a rectangular one (fire wire). You have to buy the cable, cut one end off and splice the analog output wire from the sensor (assuming there is one) to the input wire you just cut the end off of. The SCT instructions tell you which pin(s) to hook into in that cable to log analog inputs
Ahh.. I'll have to see what the tuner looks like when I get it back but it was mfr'd in 2009 so I won't be holding my breath.

ks

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
even my xcal bought in like 04 or some shit had the input for datalogging, cant remember if it could do 1 or 2 inputs so it should just be a matter of which cable you need.

the real question is - does your current boost gauge setup have an analog output wire you can tap into so you can log boost

KEVINS

Established Member
even my xcal bought in like 04 or some shit had the input for datalogging, cant remember if it could do 1 or 2 inputs so it should just be a matter of which cable you need.

the real question is - does your current boost gauge setup have an analog output wire you can tap into so you can log boost

Hmm, maybe it will then.. Yea, the alchy injection has a MAP sensor that I can tap into.

ks

KEVINS

Established Member
I received my updated SCT tuner today and started to try and learn the data logging portion of it with Live Link but I'm a little confused.
I was able to save a Configuration file as a test file but when picking through all the PIDs it was overwhelming b/c there was a lot of duplicates. I data logged one or two of them to see if they would give me the same value but one pair of them didn't and differentiating between some are confusing:
Spark Advanced & Actual Spark Advance

So my question is what are some of the actual PIDs that you guys record? My goal is to create a tuning baseline with the tune this car came with and keep it on file to compare future tunes to if needed.

Some of the extras I want to log are O2's, AF, Boost, and Knock Retard but I'm not sure if the Fire Wire I need to log these will have enough wires to log all these options.

tia
ks

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the only thing I see on that list that would require an analog into the hand held would be the wideband and boost

KEVINS

Established Member
Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated. I wish I didn't have to ask so many questions but tuning/data logging on this car is so new to me and there's nobody local that I have found that knows anything about the SCT. If it was a GN and using Power Logger then I know what to do but this is over my head right now..aarrgg..

Anyway, here's what I have added to the config file.
Is the "air flow rate from mass" and the "maf flow rate lb per min" the correct ones along with their units I have chosen?

Also:
1. Where approx., should the air intake temp sensor be located? This is a custom twin turbo and I'm not sure where the inlet temp should be located on a stock 2V motor.

2. What would the injector duty cycle be labeled as? I didn't see anything in the PIDs about this.

test.jpg

ks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread