How Do I Clean This?

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Hey SVTP,

As the title says, how do I get this off of here. It seems to be around all the corners of every panel. It looks like oxidation. Any ideas/tips?

Alex

442656c9.gif

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
are you sure its not old built up wax from crappy detailing jobs? What have you tried to remove it so far?

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Almost looks like tree sap that collects then dries when it rains. Can you scrape it with fingernail? Try turtlewax bug and tar remover. That stuff takes almost everything off

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hard to tell. Could be oxidation, could be clear coat failure, and it also could be built up wax.

Has the car ever been repainted?

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
are you sure its not old built up wax from crappy detailing jobs? What have you tried to remove it so far?
I have tried a clay bar so far.

Hard to tell. Could be oxidation, could be clear coat failure, and it also could be built up wax.

Has the car ever been repainted?

Car has never been repainted, but it definitely looks like it has been outside for a period of time. I took a dremel with a buffing wheel and got some of it off at the bottom.

flamed03vert

Established Member
As mentioned APC and a soft detail brush might help. Based on the picture it could be hard water deposit, oxidation as mentioned or old compounding/ polishing residue. You could use a polish or and AIO on a microfiber to try to buff it out by hand. Then you would have to go back over it with an APC and a brush to make sure you have any residue removed.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Nope not yet.. It is also on the bottom on the windows, so I am trying to get it off there first before I go messing up mystic paint. Gonna try some bug and tar this weekend when I actually get some time.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Nope not yet.. It is also on the bottom on the windows, so I am trying to get it off there first before I go messing up mystic paint.

It looks like hard water stains almost. Maybe try some clr on the glass and if it works use it quickly and sparingly on the paint and clean wax promptly

Users who are viewing this thread