How do 4.10's work out on blown cobra's?

96mystic

Wannabe postslut
Established Member
Im runnin 4.10s right now on my N/A cobra, and loving them. What about when i put my SC on?.. will they still be a great gear to have with a car pushing 400rwhp?

And also, i was thinking about putting the dodge viper 6 speed tranny in my car. Would the 4.10's with the tranny and SC work out good?

just a few questions.. ty again..

:beer:

Last edited:

budguy1967

Established Member
There are at least two SC'd SN95 Cobra's on this board with 4.10's and they both like their 4.10's. Have not heard of anyone complaining about it, though I think 4.10's are rare with SC.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by 96mystic
Im runnin 4.10s right now on my N/A cobra, and loving them. What about when i put my SC on?.. will they still be a great gear to have with a car pushing 400rwhp?

And also, i was thinking about putting the dodge viper 6 speed tranny in my car. Would the 4.10's with the tranny and SC work out good?

just a few questions.. ty again..

4.10's I believe are ideal but you will have to make sure you run sticky tires all the time. I had 3.73's and traction could still be a problem at times.

96mystic

Wannabe postslut
Established Member
Re: Re: How do 4.10's work out on blown cobra's?

Ok.. great.. thanks for the input guys.. I think im gonna go ahead and keep the 4.10s for now and install the BBK LT's ceramics that i have.Then hoepfully get me a pair of DR"s and try to break into the 12's N/A.. whcih has been my goal all along.

Also.. Booya.. if not 3.73's... what is the next best thing?.. aren't their 3.55's? TY again guys..

Ben

budguy1967

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: How do 4.10's work out on blown cobra's?

Ok.. great.. thanks for the input guys.. I think im gonna go ahead and keep the 4.10s for now and install the BBK LT's ceramics that i have.Then hoepfully get me a pair of DR"s and try to break into the 12's N/A.. whcih has been my goal all along.

Yes, 12's N/a is my goal too. I am going with 4.30 gearing and had considered 4.56. If you are sure you will stay N/a then I would recommend 4.30's minimum. There are many 4.30 N/a cars out there and everyone loves them.

96mystic

Wannabe postslut
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: How do 4.10's work out on blown cobra's?

Originally posted by budguy1967
Yes, 12's N/a is my goal too. I am going with 4.30 gearing and had considered 4.56. If you are sure you will stay N/a then I would recommend 4.30's minimum. There are many 4.30 N/a cars out there and everyone loves them.

Ya, I would love to slap some 4.56's in their and just keep her N/A... but its my daily driver, and gas is shooting up like a rocket. AND the 4.10's are bad enough as it is on gas.. :lol: But thanks for the input budguy.... i know those mod's would deffinately peek me into the 12's...

budguy1967

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How do 4.10's work out on blown cobra's?

Ya, I would love to slap some 4.56's in their and just keep her N/A... but its my daily driver, and gas is shooting up like a rocket. AND the 4.10's are bad enough as it is on gas.. :lol: But thanks for the input budguy.... i know those mod's would deffinately peek me into the 12's...

No problem, though I do not have the 4.30's yet, many who do swear to me that their gas mileage has gotten better...cant vouch for that, and is not a major concern for me since mine is a weekend cruiser.

Those same guys also tell me that their 4.30 cars are daily drivers. Here is a link on this subject that I had going recently.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30554

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: How do 4.10's work out on blown cobra's?

Also.. Booya.. if not 3.73's... what is the next best thing?.. aren't their 3.55's? TY again guys..

Ben

3.55's are a waste of time in a DOHC Cobra. There is one company that I know of that make 3.90's, I'll have to look them up.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
FRPP 3.73:1 Ring Gear and Pinion #M-4209-F373N going in April, 2003...

davidmax

Established Member
I ran 4:10's with my stock Eaton setp and it was a fun experiance.With the ATI needing spool up time there even more important.I may go with 4:56's but for now we will stick with the Ford Racing 4:10's.I was told the Ford ring and pinion is the only way to go,Dave S.

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
I love my 4:10's, But the only thing that is a real bummer is that on the street even with DR's you can't give it boost until halfway through second gear. I drive around most the time on ET Streets, They last just as long as DR's maybe not as long but close, and they hook like none other out there, Just thought I would give you my 2 cents...

SSSNAKE

Established Member
4:10S are great but....... being SC'ed I go through a set of tires in less than 2 years:lol: :lol: just street racing.
Now have to work on suspension to get it to hook
"love that boost"

Users who are viewing this thread